Website
www.onlinegalleries.com.au
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today I Caught the Plague
.roundelay
Weapon
Children of Eve

A few shots from a show they did here last weekend! Shot with a Canon EOS Rebel XS with an 18-55mm lens, most at about 1/30-1/50 seconds, f3.5-4.5, 1600 ISO (it was so dark I could have cried)

Critiques and comments are mucho appreciated!

3406457114_00b3feec00.jpg

3405645283_77da1f8ab1.jpg

3405645143_e9e1527758.jpg

3405645045_a73fae7c63.jpg

3405644547_1e80f0a725.jpg

3405642037_cd3e6dba94.jpg

3406453870_6704cb534c.jpg

I don't know, that's some pretty good stuff. Not sure what to say to make it better.

You've captured some peak emotion and action, got in real close, worked without a flash. All the stuff I'd suggest if you hadn't already done it.

Nice work!

Some nice shots it wasn't that dark if you got away with ISO1600 with use kit lens i'm usually at ISO3200 F1.4-F2.8

Not bad, not bad. The only thing I'd like to see more is ambient lights, you could have set to AV mode and set your camera to second curtain sync and used your flash. This way, it would freeze motion yet provide some ghosting behind the subjects and still expose the ambient lighting. It all depends on how high you set your ISO as well.

I would recommend buying a prime lens because of their speed. The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 is a good $80+ bucks and it'll get the job done nicely.

When I saw "Children of Eve" and "Weapon" in your post, I was like, "Hey! I've heard of them!"

Haha,good to see another person from St. John's here!

Nice shots

Hey these look great. I think for the genre of music you were photographing the extra grain from the high iso works. Had you been photographing something more classic or "refined" it might have been unacceptable. But as it is, they look great.

And, I agree with gsgary, it couldn't have been that dark. Even at 1600, f3.5 is not a lot of light coming through the lens.

I'm not crazy about #3 and #4, they come across like plain snap shots. I think #2 is definitely the best. It has the most character, the processing seems appropriate, the composure is almost perfect (I think I would have liked to see it slightly tighter, or a little bit wider) and the ambient lighting is really interesting. I would even say the others might be better with the same processing.

Looks great. Good job! :)

I would recommend buying a prime lens because of their speed. The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 is a good $80+ bucks and it'll get the job done nicely.

I am planning on buy a 1.8 or 1.4 sometime soon; I broke my old Nikon and I'm waiting to get a new one in may. So for this show I was using my cousin's Canon, and well, she has just the one lens. But yeah. f1.8 ftw <3
:mrgreen:

If you have the money, go for the f/1.4, the build quality and focus speed is slightly better.

Most reactions

Back