Live (Loud) Band

guitarmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some shots from a show I played with another local band here in Edmonton.

482246363_b8069c4af5.jpg

482246349_832b7d267a.jpg

482246347_fc2d902b40.jpg

482235002_53855a1ebf.jpg

482234998_c12bbbe658.jpg

What do you guys think?

In #4 the background is horribly blown out, but it doesn't seem to bother me as I feel it's balanced with the silhouetted head.

All the shots are pretty grainy too. I don't mind the grain with the desaturated look though - matches the feel of the band.

Feedback?

I love the gritty feel of the photos but I don't know if that matches the band...I'll take your word for it.

One thing that seems odd, these all sort of look like they were shot in some one's living room. There are a couple people in the background of #2...but other than that...there is no sense of setting...it could be a concert, or just an afternoon jam session.

nice work dude! I like the 2nd and last ones the best... what lens did you use for these?

Hey Gravy! Haha. I used the lovely 50mm 1.8.

Mike - thanks. The venue WAS odd - it was the lobby of an indoor skatepark. No stage - everyone played on ground level. It was a blast. Thus why it looks like a living room though, hah.

I like these a lot, the grain, the colors... very nicely done. :)

the last one is nice

Thanks! Now if only I had the option to NOT have the grain when I'm shooting shows. *sigh*

In #2 the singer is eating that SM57. :) Nice series. Looks like stills from a music video.

The shots are all well focused and the lighting feels really nice. And I agree that the grain adds to the shots and does a great job producing a semblance to what I assume the band sounds like. It's tough to capture a sound with still shots, but the graininess lets the person looking at the picture really soak it all in. Nice shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back