AdventuresInMyTrustyBoots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everyone!

So I have gotten my new D810, coming from the Canon 6D.

I'm trying to get to know the system. This morning I went out the door to take a photo of the Northern Lights. Typically with the 6D I used Live View to manually focus. I use the little box on the screen to move around, find the brightest star, magnify, manually focus and take the photo. I can move the magnifier around to find my focus point.

However, with the D810, the little red square I would typically move to the brightest star, will not move (with the toggle). It seems to be locked near the bottom right corner of the screen. How do I unlock it so I can position it where I want to magnify?

I'm finding the d810 difficult to focus for the night sky due to static noise as well?

Is it just me?

Hi Everyone!

So I have gotten my new D810, coming from the Canon 6D.

I'm trying to get to know the system. This morning I went out the door to take a photo of the Northern Lights. Typically with the 6D I used Live View to manually focus. I use the little box on the screen to move around, find the brightest star, magnify, manually focus and take the photo. I can move the magnifier around to find my focus point.

However, with the D810, the little red square I would typically move to the brightest star, will not move (with the toggle). It seems to be locked near the bottom right corner of the screen. How do I unlock it so I can position it where I want to magnify?

I'm finding the d810 difficult to focus for the night sky due to static noise as well?

Is it just me?

Hopefully this will help. Not a D810 guy, and I never use live view.. so...

Also, if the red focusing square is locked in place it can be that you have the focus point lock lever pointed to the L on the back of the camera body. If that is the case just turn it back to the white dot.

That's great! Thank you so much. That's exactly what the problem was! :) I didn't know about that feature. I have so much to learn!
Also, if the red focusing square is locked in place it can be that you have the focus point lock lever pointed to the L on the back of the camera body. If that is the case just turn it back to the white dot.

FYI, that Focus Lock is common across the Nikon cameras.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back