Llama

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
I have seen numerous bugs (I even posted a shot of my snake Joel :love:) dogs and other critters, but no Llamas. Why? Tell me this guy isn't cute. Well maybe proud is a better word. They are super gentle. They have been known to spit when threatened. I shot this one earlier today on my friends ranch. They are mainly used for pack trips.

1740LLamaVert36.jpg

Nice pic of the Llama...what's his name? He's huge ~ must tower over everyone!

I am not sure of this fella's name. They have about 15 of them. One was following me around his name is Jerimiah. For some reason this guy was alone on the other side of the corral. Which brings me to their demeanor. Like I said this particular group is good around people. Mostly due to the amount of hunting trips they go on. I have been at the ranch when some are just hanging outside of their pen. Jeremiah freaked me out a little by following me. The others seemed as though they wanted to kiss me. They stand near 6 feet.

Great composition and even the clouds were working for you, neat shot!

Good one. I have never seen a lama either.They are such an odd looking creature, I want one :) I believe they are also used to guard sheep from coyotes.

Thanks again!!! Cuzin brought a point up that never occurred to me. I bet they would make great guards. They did not necessarily attack me. Then again I know very little of the animal world. Chasing coyotes would come in handy. They are a nuisance in this area to say the least. Next time I will spend more time with the owners to get some background.

Most reactions

Back