Loading the Film

CapturingGlory

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I am a newbie at Photography and last time I loaded the film and developed it, nothing took! I am reckoning because I was right by a window and my friend said he knew how to put it in. I trusted him. Anyways, nonetheless, all my first photography experiences were down the drain.

Now, I have loaded my camera in a dim area. And I have a very bad feeling. First, I didn't wind the film advance to one. My teacher taught us how to load film in a way where we got two extra exposures. Second, I may have pressed the pressed the shutter relief a few times so it could wind into the spool. Will I end up with not having any exposures?

Geez, hopefully I can learn how the simple process of loading film sometimes before my project is to and not shoot vainly.

Film usually compensates for the first couple of exposures being blank. That is why you normally have to click off a couple to get the counter to one. Unless you are using 12 exposure rolls, I would just not worry about it. I guess you could load your camera in a changing bag, or total darkness if you are really concerned about getting 2 extra pictures.

Haha, thanks. And pressing the shutter release wont harm none either?

no, it wont. basicaly what happens is when you spool out a little it exposes and you have to click off a few shots to get to fresh film. i can load mine in the light of day, but if you want the 2 extra pics you could load it in the dark. personaly i dont think its worth it...:mrgreen:

Also check that the film itself is advancing, as you wind on the rewind knob/wheel should rotate slightly(quarter turn or so.) loading in daylight wont fog the film as the cans are pretty light tight, just turn your back to the sun, forget the first frame you advance the rest should expose ok. H

Thanks. I worried for nothing. Yes, the first two didn't show up but all the other did. It was so cool developing the film! And it can be very nerve-racking put it on the reel in the dark! :-| Anyways, I will learn how to print Monday which I am also excited for and will be sure to show them!

Well, just the best few, not all of them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back