Local Contest

vonDrehle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My local newspaper is doing a little contest and I'm not 100% sure as to what photos I should submit. Here is the complete write up about it...

Contest: How I Shot My Summer Vacation

We hope you’ll be back from your summer vacation before Sept. 4. That’s the day we need a photo from your trip. Serious or silly give us your best shot for our contest, “How I Shot My Summer Vacation.”

On Sept. 18, we’ll publish some of the best images that readers send us: Best-All Around Photo, Best People Picture and Best Scenic Shot. The winner in each category will receive a duffel bag full of goodies from the Observer.

Rules:

Limit: One travel photo per category per entrant. Photos submitted will not be returned, so please don’t send us the only copy of your favorite photo. Photos must have been taken May 31, 2005. No digital images.

Accepted – you must submit a print. Cropping of photos is allowed but images can not be digitally manipulated. Please, no contest-related phone calls or e-mails. And judges’ decisions are final.

I have a few picked out that I am considering sending in but I would like some other photographers opinions.
Here is my gallery http://vondrehle.deviantart.com/gallery/ (Can also click my sig)
Allmost all were taking in the range they are asking for. I believe my old shots start at Iwo Jima.

Thanks for your input.

Since no one really jumped in here are the ones I was considering.

GolfCourse1.jpg

16.jpg

19.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

For people I was looking at these...
Mom.jpg

StacyPose2.jpg

StacyPose3.jpg

StacyPose.jpg

Great shots. I would also go with number 2 for the scenic shots. And probably number 4 for people.

imo, i think best all-around: #4, best scenic shot: #5, and best people: #2

Thanks for your help. The Atlantis was the shot at the top of my list with a close following from the dock photo, I'm still undecided. For people I didn't have many choices. I rarely do people photography so my options for that were slim. As you can see I got all but one of the people pictures from one shooting of my sis. I think they all turned out rather overexposed.

Most reactions

Back