Locking strap for Mamiya 645

earthmanbuck

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone know where to find a cheap strap for use with a Mamiya 645? If you're unfamiliar, the camera has these little knobs sticking out that lock into something like this. I would also be fine (or happier even) with just the hardware, which I could use with one of my existing straps. I'm having a heck of a time searching without knowing exactly what they're called, and I'd rather not pay $30+ on another strap when I've got so many already.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for looking—I found the same things, I just can't justify paying $35 for shipping two little pieces of metal. I also found a company called Optech selling new straps with these kinds of ends in a couple different sizes, but there's some confusion about the Mamiya 645 in particular—apparently the 645's lugs changed sizes arbitrarily, so it's anyone's guess as to whether I'd need an A or B model of the strap. The straps were not reviewed kindly, either.

I'm going to stop into my local photo place after school today and see if they know anything.

Just trying to help. Hope you find what you need.

Thanks for looking—I found the same things, I just can't justify paying $35 for shipping two little pieces of metal. I also found a company called Optech selling new straps with these kinds of ends in a couple different sizes, but there's some confusion about the Mamiya 645 in particular—apparently the 645's lugs changed sizes arbitrarily, so it's anyone's guess as to whether I'd need an A or B model of the strap. The straps were not reviewed kindly, either.

I'm going to stop into my local photo place after school today and see if they know anything.

I have the Optech straps for my Pentax. They're crap compare to the original pieces of metal. You can easily bend and break them. You can't do that with the originals.

I have the Optech straps for my Pentax. They're crap compare to the original pieces of metal. You can easily bend and break them. You can't do that with the originals.
Yeah, that's what the reviews I read said. Thanks for the firsthand info.

My main local store didn't seem to have anything that would work, and the one staff member available wasn't familiar enough with the camera to have any alternate recommendations. I called another place and the guy I spoke to used to own a Mamiya 645 and knew exactly what I was talking about. He said he'd give my info to someone else who works there (but wasn't in) who he thought might have a couple such straps kicking around. So hopefully I hear back.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back