NateWagner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.loneoakphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

Recently I've decided that I want to have a logo, and brand identity that will be memorable and will tell the client what I am about as a photographer. What I am going for is a look that is at once modern and classic/classy. A bit of an edge yet ideally somewhat timeless.

I have come up with a few rough drafts of a logo and am curious what others think. These are by no means final drafts, but let me know if you have an opinion. Also, especially let me know if there is something you would keep, or change.

The bottom one is our current logo, and who knows... it may be the best.

logos.jpg

I like the 3rd one the best. It's well balanced and unified, though I may suggest making the tree and the word photography a tad bit bigger. The first one is good too, and I'd use either one. Not so sure I like the barren tree on the second one though. It's just not as visually appealing to me for some reason.

I will say, I like the barren tree a lot as well, but some of the thoughts I've been getting is that it might not gel well with potential brides. It does get the lone across though.

yep, which is actually why I went and did the leafy one. My main concern on that one is that
1. it's weighted too much on the left,
2. the font is perhaps too cramped. (I could spread the bottom down a bit... it'll take a while as I'm just learning illustrator, but we'll see).

What I like about it though is that I could use the tree separate from the words if I wanted to in branding. For example, I could use it on the back of a business card etc. Whereas the tree on the third one isn't very compelling or memorable.

On the other hand #3 is more balanced, and perhaps more pleasing on its own

Thoughts?

Looks dead and lifeless... doesn't say 'wedding photographer' to me at all.

Agree. You have to think of it in terms of your clients. You're selling to them, not yourself.

Umm you're actually selling yourself to them. In business you have to be true to your identity or mission statement and the logo is a representation of what the company is...I just don't think the bare tree is a representation of a wedding/portrait photographer.

I still like the original(third one) the best amongst the three Nate. Maybe add some pop...colour maybe?

In business you have to be true to your identity or mission statement and the logo is a representation of what the company is...I just don't think the bare tree is a representation of a wedding/portrait photographer.

I agree, the logo is a representation of what the company is, which is part of the reason I am developing a logo. I am trying to find something that describes Modern and Classy/Classic.

I do like the barren tree, personally, but I don't think for a wedding/portrait photographer it's really something that will appeal to brides.

Just play around with them. You've done a good job at making them stand out in black and white. Like camz said, play with some color. Oh, good job with the typography too, I think it complements well with what you're going for.

How about a coloured tree on the third logo and the text remain as is...?

Or you can have a very modern stylish font to represent the modern and have the tree stay as is to represent the classic.

ok, here is a quick version similar to #3 but with the tree and font of #1

logooriginal.jpg

my main difficulty is that because Lone is 4 letters and oak is 3, it is difficult for me to make it balanced.

Capitalize oak, and maybe photography. Also, try [not saying this will work, but might be worth a try] putting the line back in, erase the [roots? ground? whatever you want to call that under the trunk] and tuck the e and o under the tree a little bit more.

Ah, I had no idea it was for wedding photography, the leafy tree makes sense, then. As for balancing Lone and Oak on both side of the tree... maybe capitalize the "O"? It honestly doesn't look too bad to me at this point. There seems to be thicker leaves on the right side of the tree so that somewhat balances the "Oak" side.

Most reactions

Back