Logo on prints?

charlottemarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, newbie here, about to start trying to sell my work (nature and macro mainly) but I've made the mistake of doing so much research I'm more confused than when I started!

Basically I don't know how to sell my work, I know I'd like to sell Giclee prints and canvases, but how to print them I don't know- would I put a border round? Put my logo on the bottom? Sign and number the print, and where? I understand putting the logo on is a marketing tool, but I have seen the bigger photographers doing so, so I'm guessing I have to get a bit more successful before I do that lol?

I'd like to offer my prints as prints only, mounted or mounted and framed, but I'm not sure of the best supplier to use, as the ones I've seem are really expensive and would make my prints more expensive than some other photographers which obviously isn't great with me being new....

I understand a lot of this is my choice but any experience or advice to get me off on the right foot would be great!

The research never stops, because what appeals to buyers is always changing.

I don't put my logo on prints.

What size prints are you thinking of doing?

You will have to account for canvas prints being wrapped on stretchers.

With giclée prints, mounted how and on what kind of mount? Archival or no? What paper(s)? To be framed they will need to be matted. To be matted they need to be printed with a border larger than the mat window.

Hand titled and signed with pencil, adds more value than a logo on the image.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back