Logo Video

Please rate the 4 clips. 1 for liked most, 5 for liked least.

• 1 2 3 4 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A B C D E

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Forget the poll stuff above. It didn't turn out the way I wanted.
But if you could, put the letters for the clips together in your order of preference - most liked to least liked. Thanks!

All the background video clips have a Creative Commons Zero (CC0) use license.

A

B

C

D

E

Last edited:
A, B, E, C, D

Really like A and B

I like A and B best in general, but depends on what the logo will be used for. For A logo I would animate the text large filling the screen with a fade in as it settled into place. Another suggestion, as per your video, would have the each line of the logo appear with a boom sound fx for drama. That gets the attention on the logo. And then add a flare moving across the logo?

D. Watching the cars go by - at first look, this one of the front of a car/truck seems clean and streamlined. Watching the video, it's interesting to watch cars go by and most people could probably relate. Says photography/videography.

Least to more of a possibility (and interestingly, in order presented) -
A. Spanning the globe - been done, a lot. Doesn't say photography to me.
B. Longines - some people may remember the old commercials, it indirectly uses their company name, and a watch doesn't seem to say photography.
C. Rain, rain, go away - who wants to see rain?? lol I'm wondering what's over there, parked yellow buses? makes for a distraction, what was the question?
E. Ah, refreshing water in a martini-esque glass - the more I look at it the more I think it too has clean lines, people could relate, and it has something to do with imagery.

A & B would not to me represent photography or photographer if I didn't know that's what this was about.
C, D, & E seem to show photos, images, video; it might get the idea across that you are doing something with images/photography/videography.

The clips would be at the beginning of whatever videos I make.
After the logo clip would be the video title clip.
For the text I wanted to keep it simple, without keyframe animation.

Video E is some 14 seconds while the rest are between 8 and 9 seconds long.
I don't like having any clip that is longer than 10 seconds, but E is my favorite, so E is a conundrum.
For me - E, B, D, A, C.

CherylL

The clips would be at the beginning of whatever videos I make.
After the logo clip would be the video title clip.
For the text I wanted to keep it simple, without keyframe animation.

Video E is some 14 seconds while the rest are between 8 and 9 seconds long.
I don't like having any clip that is longer than 10 seconds, but E is my favorite, so E is a conundrum.
For me - E, B, D, A, C.

CherylL

The animation is what I was thinking, but a louder boom boom. First logo line boom and second line boom. If you like E, speed up to 10 seconds? Most of the creators I follow on Vimeo place their logo at the end and incorporate the title over the first clip. The first 15 seconds of video will determine if the viewer will watch. Short attention spans.

Here is an exception with a logo at the beginning. Very simple and short.

I lean toward the watch face. I suppose you tried a tighter in shot. My mind wants a watch running a real-time speed and with a ticking second hand rather than a sweeping, possibly with the logo dissolving into the view? Hmmm...

Any of them would be appealing and professional.

Good luck choosing!
-Pete

The edit in post #5 was a quickie.
I'm still sampling sound effects for a boom I like, and the fade in and text size change is to rough for prime time.
The sound effect I used is from YouTube's Creator page of sound effects. It's called Small Crash Series.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to wind up with 3 to 5 in the 8 second or so range I want to have on hand.
Some will be animated, some won't.
Beyond my up coming train trip from Ottumwa to Oakland and spending a few hours in San Francisco, I don't know for sure what videos I'll be making in the future.

Pete, since the clock is running fast I'd been thinking of having the text rocket in from the left side of the frame.

By the way, for anyone interested these Creative Commons Zero clips are free at PexelsVideos.com. Photos at Pexels.com

I stumbled across a different font that I really like.
I added some text animation and some sound.

But.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid works too.
I used a public domain NASA starfield image as a background.
It's likely the music will change - when I find some that's more appropriate.

Most reactions

Back