Logos and watermarks

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone i was reading a couple of articles on logos and watermarks. i would like to put my logo on my photos but i think that it takes away from the image. i would like some feedback and thoughts on this matter if possible and see what does everyone out there thinks. right now i just have © 2014 BCordeiro Photography on all my photos but i also do have a logo. thank you all.

For me, the watermark should allow the viewer to be able to contact you if they wish to follow up after seeing an image.
In that light, I don't see much value in a logo ... unless your logo is widely recognised by the world (eg Nike, Coke)
It may look pretty, but it will cover some part of the image for no real value (IF IT DOESN'T LEAD THE VIEWER TO YOU)
If you use "© Your name", will a Google search on your name bring up your website consistently?
An alternative would be your website address.

Add CMI (Copyright Management Information) to every photo you put online in a public gallery.

Do you have a photography business?

If you are doing retail portrait photography or commercial photography a watermark/logo on photos not delivered to clients is advertising for your business.
If you shoot fine art photography the advertising value of a watermark/logo has less impact because fine art photographs are not usually made for a specific customer.

Five Things You Can Do to Protect Your Online Images | Photo Attorney

Embedded Metadata Initiative

Most reactions

Back