Lone farmhouse

crawdaddio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
An old location, revisited and reshot. What do you think?

lonefarmhouse800.jpg

Although the photo has great potential, there's a couple things that nag at me.
1. I think it's over staurated and over sharpened.
2. The homestead right smack in the middle and so small dissapears with the colors.
3. The darkening edges in the sky is distracting.

All this said, remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this is just my 2cents worth.

I like it, except for the road. Crop it just above the road, and it might be a cool pano.

The colors seem to be a little bit over saturated, but I think this is a matter of taste. The photo also seems to have some vigneting on the edges. I like the house and trees so small, they suggest the idea of lonelyness and open space. Just my opinion :)

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I was trying something a little more surreal vs. realistic with this image.

I love the colors!!! Great photograph. It took my breath away.

I agree that cropping out the road would make a big difference :)

Yes it would make a difference Cheyenne and ksmattfish, but that is not the image I was looking for. I did not want your standard barn landscape in this one. I was looking for something a little different here, hence the heavy processing. I like the road in this shot. I think it provides some depth and contrast to the fields. I understand why some dont like it though. It provides a "guide for the eye", and I am fully aware that it leads the viewer out of the image (maybe). I would have excluded it in camera if I wanted just a landscape with the farm and fields.

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions, just trying to explain why I framed it the way I did.

Love this forum :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back