Long Beach at night

malachite

Heavily Medicated For Your Protection
Reaction score
Just a few quick and simples from Long Beach, CA. Still trying to settle into my new surroundings and still trying to figure out the D70 in the dark.

An after dinner stroll with photogoddess yeilded some pretty strange mercury vapor and halide lighting along Rainbow Harbor

Long Beach city line with I'm assuming Parker Lighthouse (that's the name of the restaurant anyway)

LBskyline.jpg

A quick snap of the lighthouse

Parkerlighthouse.jpg

And just around the corner is the Queen Mary

Queenmary.jpg

Oh my, that last one is a beauty! Ship and photo, as well!

I was in Long Beach last night. I think I'll drive back down there soon and get some shots. You ever go to Laguna? Beautiful place to shoot.

wow! love the tone and clarity of these; it's like im right there. nice work. :thumbup:

Great shots! do you use manual settings at night or just set AV or use a meter or something - I'd really like to do some night shots, just got to talk someone into going with me so I don't get mugged :D

Ghoste said:
I was in Long Beach last night. I think I'll drive back down there soon and get some shots. You ever go to Laguna? Beautiful place to shoot.
I'll definitely be heading down there again as there is more to shoot at night down there than I know what to do with. Was in Laguna late last year but only for a few hours, and I still haven't even developed that roll of film. But I will definitely go back there again.

tempra said:
Great shots! do you use manual settings at night or just set AV or use a meter or something - I'd really like to do some night shots, just got to talk someone into going with me so I don't get mugged
All manual, all the time ;) These are my first night shots with the D70. Usually I do all my night stuff on film with all manual cameras, mostly a Nikon FM2n.

malachite said:
Just a few quick and simples from Long Beach, CA. Still trying to settle into my new surroundings and still trying to figure out the D70 in the dark.

(tongue firmly in cheek)Hey, when you get settled, and have more than just quick and simple lets us know, but these will do for now. :)

Really, the lighthouse makes the first shot(for me) and the stand alone of the lighthouse is bang on. The third may have a tad too much space on the bottom, but the water and the reflections make it :thumbup:

Gawd, I love these!!!!!

Most reactions

Back