Long distance remote shooting.

tomhooper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thomashooper.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like a way to remotely trigger my shutter from say 50 ft away or even more. I shoot a Rebel XT and have a wireless remote, but it is only good out to about 15 ft and you have to be in front of the camera, or at least in that general area. A wired remote is made, but only has a cord of about 2 ft. Is there something out that that is longer or some type of wireless device that I am not aware of? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.cnjjc.cc/products/wr-wr100c.htm

I use this system on my 40D and it works flawlessly. The range is said to be up to 100 meters and it has two buttons: one to autofocus and one for shutter release. I use it quite a bit and for the money, it is darn good so far.

derrick

If you know how to, i bet you could grab the 2 foot wired remote cut it in half and extend it yourself.

I got the phottix C8 for my 40d from ebay, it is still working great,......i think the C1 is for xt....

I bought a cord that allows me to trigger my Canon DSLRs with the Pocket Wizards I normally use to trigger flashes.

Thanks for all the input, I ordered a wireless RF trigger from somewhere in Hong Kong. I'll let you know how it works.

http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/home.php?cat=285

No experience with them nor the vendor. Some here have reported that GadgetInfinity is trust worthy vendor out of hong kong. If anything, you know they exist.

Add one very positive experience from me.

I don't have the one for the Canon, but I do have the one for the Nikon D200, and it does trigger the camera from an easy 120 feet with 0 misses (claimed range is 100 ft). I bought my flash Cactus V2s triggers/receivers and the remote camera trigger from GI... very friendly, very good after sales service and very quick (considering the time differences between Hong Kong and Canada).

Thanks for all the input, I ordered a wireless RF trigger from somewhere in Hong Kong. I'll let you know how it works.

From someone?? Don't you know who you bought it from or if it was GI or not? :lol:

Just out of curiosity, what would ranges like 100ft be used for?

Setting up the camera in a covert location and you being able to trigger the shutter remotely for some truly candid shots?

- if you want to shoot several cameras from very different locations far away from the stage to get the performance from different angles.

- for self portraits with a long tele lens :mrgreen:

I got the phottix C8 for my 40d from ebay, it is still working great,......i think the C1 is for xt....
I got a Phottix for my Nikon and have been very happy with it.

clicky

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

It comes in real handy when you don't have a second shooter on the balcony of a church during a wedding and you're up front.:D

Most reactions

Back