Long Distance Shot

TommiP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bt-photography.com
I know that this is not the greatest picture, the weather was not that great, quite hazy and very windy so lots of lens movement.

But the reason i am posting is coz the hill with the pillar on it was over 15 miles from where i was standing. Used a Tamron 70-300 in lanscape mode, was quite impressed with the distance even if it is not a great photo.

Let we know your thoughts.

Oh yeah 50 posts already!!!!!

rodpillar.jpg

Here is a tip for you...don't use landscape mode...or portrait mode, or spots mode etc. (well, it's OK to use them, but once you understand them, you probably won't use them).

Landscape mode (AFAIK) will put a priority on having a deeper DOF, which means it will try to give you a smaller aperture...which in turn means a longer shutter speed.

This shot, for example, probably would not change much, or all all...with a shallow or deep DOF because you are already at infinity focus. Since you are shooting with a telephoto (long) lens...your priority should be a fast shutter speed to freeze any camera shake.

My camera has all those 'picture' modes...but I only use Av, Tv, or M (and rarely P).

I will try that out thanks for the tips.

I was just testing out some of the functions on the camera as i new to this but now i know where i am going wrong now and will have to try it out again.

Cheers for the help.

Most reactions

Back