773cce35be9cd9a59faa8721340dde66a2639e89.jpg

Technical information about the shot:
Nikon D800
Nikon 16-35
19mm
f/8
ISO: 200
114sec.

Two ND filters was used on this shot. More pictures and tutorials on my website.
Matej Michalik, Black and White Photography

I like it. Nicely done.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like, but I'm on the fence regarding the boat. It's interesting and adds a unique touch to the "long exposure pier on the water" shot, but it starts to feel off after a bit.
For me any way. The rest of the photo is very well done.

I really like it. I'd just try to push highlight levels left so the white is less intensive. That's just a minor objection, the rest I like - the composition, the overall feeling of a painting (except for the lack of color)...

My kind of photography. :thumbup:

Beautiful website!

Well, I hate to be the party pooper, but for me, the image doesn't quite "snap" compositionally. The boat is too close to the dock and the square crop is a bit too cutesy. Maybe if the dock was centered and parallel, with a bit more space to the left-- even empty space--I think it would work better. It's not a bad image by any means, but it could be improved.

I like how the dock is the steady constant with the flag and boat being blurred due to their ever changing state in the world.

Thanks! As for the intensive whites - I always push whites and blacks to the edge because the picture printed looks very good, there is nice contrast, the photo is not flat.

Matej

Most reactions

Back