Long exposure shots during daylight without any filters

Thanks very much - really helpful. I've gone away and had a read up on these, very interesting - it had never even crossed my mind that they might exist, it seems to open up some really interesting shots. :)

Thanks for the reply, the other one on there is only £20 though - will that be any better?! It still sounds cheap. It does say it's reduced from £40:

Hama 58mm Variable Neutral Density Filter: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

If not, could you recommend one?

I'm not familiar with Hama (the second one you linked) in fact I can't say I've even ever heard of them. It looks almost exactly like the polaroid branded ND filters that are sold here in the US, which it probably is and is just rebranded. If that's the case, it's not awful, but isn't good either.

Here is a good 4 stop filter: Hoya 58mm PRO-1 Digital ND16 Filter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

If you want one where you can control the level of the filter: Hoya 58mm Variable Density Filter A58VDY B&H Photo Video

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
LOL natural density!

Hello,

If you stick to using a slower ISO (for example ISO100) and combine this with the use of a pinhole lens, you would be able to achieve longer exposures in brighter settings...

But if sharpness is of paramount importance, then it may be worth investing in a set of ND filters...

However, if not having a pin-sharp scene isn't an issue, then using a pinhole lens could be an interesting way to go!

I have made my own pinhole lenses in the past, they are easy to make and it doesn't cost that much either - and the results can be pretty ace.

heres a quick 'how-to' instructional incase you are interested:

Create your own pinhole 'lens' for your SLR camera | Pixiq

Hope this may have been of some use :)

AJ

Most reactions

Back