long exposure

ikyut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I want to show you some 3 seconds long exposure, i was driving back home from work, i found a truck in the middle of the road, and i start taking some photos, putting the camera in the steering wheel, in some pics the lights makes something interesting, hope you like it, (two are B&W)
I have to go on practicing.

157356ORIG.JPG

157355ORIG.JPG

157354ORIG.JPG

157353ORIG.JPG

157352ORIG.JPG

157349ORIG.JPG

157340ORIG.JPG

Ikyut.

I'm not sure what you were expecting to get. Bored will driving. Anyway the one that looks black and white almost works in a dark way - mostly because of the ghost like light in the center of the road -
anyway nothing wrong with experimenting - sometimes mistakes make great images.

The second one is cool because it looks like there's little musical notes floating in the air. The rest don't do that much for me, but I like slow shutter speed stuff in general. Next time you try this stuff do it when there are more lights and colors around. That's when you get the coolest stuff in my opinion.

Thanks both, i spend about 20 minutes from work to home, and my stereo was stolen, so sometimes i get bored.
But i started with photography a few weeks ago, so i have a lot to explore. i found it very interesting.

Peter
You are right about mistakes and great images, i will go on experimenting.

Grimmett
You catch the music detail, i didn´t realize. Very smart.

Ikyut.

There are only two original photos, the 1st with 8sec. and 3rd with 4 sec and diferent zoom.
The 2nd and 4th were edited in the computer with colour filters. Tell me what you think.

I´m putting more sense to my photos. Hope you like it.

Ikyut.

160682ORIG.JPG

160683ORIG.JPG

160685ORIG.JPG

160687ORIG.JPG

i prefer the third because the lights arent so hot. to me that makes a better image when there are a ton of lights in it.

the third is deinitely the best with the greater definition in the lights. The definition of the facility is nicely placed but I would like to see it with the blue lighthing more subdued.

I agree as well - the third is it. Glad you used a tripod as well, so many people don't. Did you change your iris or the amount of time the shutter was open?

i have to confess something, i was sitting in my car, because of the weather, was too cold that night, and i put the camera in an horizontal place, sorry about my way of writting, and i take the shots, but i clean the window glass first, and i did not use the flash.

Phodog, i couldn´t undestand your last question, i only swith my camera to 8 and 4 second the of the shutter to be open, i hope you undestand my answer.

ahh, yesterday was a terrible storm at Zarate, very wild wind and a lot of rain, i couldn´t catch any raylight, but i will show you the shots to get your opinion.

ikyut

Most reactions

New Topics

Back