Long Shutter Fun from tonight

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
So after seeing pilgrim's "High Times" post, i decided to give some of that stuff a try myself in my pitch black room.

#1 - this is almost a self portrait, except i'm a little blurry from moving to write my name out with the match :)
daninfire.jpg

#2 - just pointed a flashlight at my wall and made a swirly
flashlightswirl.jpg

#3 - turned the flashlight on/off to move between the eyes and mouth :)
flashlighthappyface.jpg

#4 - just another swirl, this time facing the flashlight at the camera so the swirl is in mid air
flashlightswirlinair.jpg

And now some more artistic ones

#5 - my computer's powerstrip in my dark room still
offswitch.jpg

#6 - sell "portrait" of me in the middle of my street around 1:00AM (about an hour ago :D)
shadowonstreet.jpg

#7 - just walked outside, saw a car coming, and snapped a picture...results were pretty cool i thought
streetcarstreak.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Dan :D

All very interesting. The first two are my favorites. Reminded me of this...

33%3A35%3A2%3B23232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D6%3A4%3D%3A83%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B%3B6877%3A%3Aot1lsi

Picasso drawing minotaur photographed by Gjon Mili in 1949.

This pic scanned out of the Phaidon Photo Book. A cheap but good book filled with famous photographs.

very nice... hahaha, i was going to try something tonight too! i'll get around to at some point!

I love #2! wow, what colours! very differnnt idea too. nice work nytmair! glad you took the time to post these :thumbsup:

nice work! I like # 2 alot. Kinda of reminds me a reflections from water. great job yo! :D

holy crap. what a difference a tripod makes. i have GOT to get one and take some more fire twirling shots... these pics are badass.. i have to agree with the others on #2. amazing!

Nice pictures! The first one and 5 are my favorite. Number one because of the fire writing but the 5th is because of the eerie red glow.

Nytmair, interesting pictures. :0) I assume you did these with film? Or digital? Just ask cuz your signature just lists a digital, at least I think it was a digital.

GerryDavid said:
Nytmair, interesting pictures. :0) I assume you did these with film? Or digital? Just ask cuz your signature just lists a digital, at least I think it was a digital.

every picture i post is digital...i have a 20 year old Nikon film camera that is my dad's, but i never really use it...i love my digi :D

Nytmair said:
GerryDavid said:

every picture i post is digital...i have a 20 year old Nikon film camera that is my dad's, but i never really use it...i love my digi :D

My confusion was the camera in your signature seemed like a point and shoot name, so I was thinking it didnt do long exposures, so I was thinking you must have used a film to get the long exposure. Then the "I took this one an hour ago" made me wonder since if it was film, and even if you did the hour developing, it would be a few hours between getting it and driving back and scanning, hehe. So I just looked your camera up and the closest I found was S40, nice camera, and nice long exposure, 15 seconds. Although the price tag of that camera is US $800, so I would imagine the 45 being a bit more than that. So out of curiousity, what made you pick this digital camera over all the other options? It does seem like a nice camera. :0).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back