Long time no post

Karalee

hOtLiPs!
Reaction score
Website
www.shuttervisions.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I havent posted in a while, so I thought i would throw one of the shots I took while photographing the horses nextdoor. The lighting conditions werent that ideal (was the middle of the day) but I kind of like some of the shadows. Anyway, here ya go

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks in advance :D

Hmm nice, but have you tried to take this photo in colors? Because it is rather sad... tired horse and everything black and white around him. If that was your aim it is ok then.

As I said earlier, I shot it at prolly the worst time to shoot, it was a color shot but because of the time of day and harsh shadows most of the color was drained, so I turned it b+w. I was trying to make something out of almost nothing.

And not to be rude or anything but I didnt really find your critique very informative.

I don't know if you know this or not, but you should try and wait untill the horse's ears are forward, it can really make or break the shot for a horse person.

I like it. As you already mentioned, it probably would be a little better with better light, but on the other hand, I kinda like the shadows here....I dunno....I see what ya mean, though! Do you have more of the horse pictures? Or was this this the only decent one you got??? I love anything with horses, so I'd love to see more!!!

Karalee said:
And not to be rude or anything but I didnt really find your critique very informative.

Hmm you see... for me photo should tell something, should create in use some feelings. There are many upsetting photos around us, and I expected something lively. And this horse is sad, looks tired, and so on... but, ok, it's yours photo and yours choice to take this photo.

btw. The most important is that U enjoy it.

mentos_007 said:
Hmm you see... for me photo should tell something, should create in use some feelings. There are many upsetting photos around us, and I expected something lively.

hehe I think the horse was a bit sad, it was a really hot day. Was what I was trying to capture but I dont think i succeeded.

Core, I think Im going to reshoot them in better conditions. Im sure there will be more ;)

I like it! Its a good portrait!

you did well for the conditions miss karalee :mrgreen:

I would have preferred to see some more middle grey tones here and the highlights in the main stronger. It does look a bit depressed. Maybe some horsey prozac will do the trick :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back