Longish Exposure C&C pls

cminus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
cminusphotos.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is "Historic 5 Points" in Jax, Fl.......It is my firs ttime trying this beginner / basic technique and honestly, i and not really happy at all with the pics. I wish they were "clearer" i guess would be the word I need? I also think I could have captured the lights better...I only had a UV filter on, so I am guessing something like a Polarizer or the ND filter would help?

In any case, let me know what I could do to improve, I would like to go back and retake at this area, it is a great spot for this I think.

These pics, regardless of what my profile says CAN BE EDITED.....I encourage if you even want to try, thanks!

5pointsSHADOWS-2 [SR] by cminusphotos, on Flickr

I kind of like this edit..

5pointsDEVIL-2 [SR] by cminusphotos, on Flickr

5points-1 [SR] by cminusphotos, on Flickr

5pointsVINTAGE [SR] by cminusphotos, on Flickr

The main issue is that they don't appear to have a subject. You might have had a subject in your mind when you shot the photos, but you haven't communicated them. At night time I would take the UV filter off and let the lens be naked. Too much risk of inner reflections of light at night, plus UV filters don't usually protect the lens despite what the salesmen say. ND and polariser won't be of much use at night. You need a clear subject and probably a longer shutter speed. If your camera has a bulb setting get a remote release for your camera and a stopwatch and experiment with some longer shooting times. This will also give you flexibility to do HDR which at night time calls for ultra long shutter speeds.

If you are going to have traffic trails they need to lead to a subject as they are useful as leading lines.

Lastly you can change your profile to enable people to edit your photos just go into your profile

thanks...i shot at 30 seconds..the subject was the location, but it was too hard to show all five streets that converge on the blinking light so i shot the half of i could fit lol. i think next time i will focus more on the light in the middle...

it was really not anything other than an experement w long exposures though i really appreciate any feedback for sure!

whats is the best way to off set yellowish street lights?

thanks...i shot at 30 seconds..the subject was the location, but it was too hard to show all five streets that converge on the blinking light so i shot the half of i could fit lol. i think next time i will focus more on the light in the middle...

it was really not anything other than an experement w long exposures though i really appreciate any feedback for sure!

whats is the best way to off set yellowish street lights?

Shoot in raw and then you will be able to shoot in auto white balance and then change it after. Otherwise you culd try setting to tungsten. Always better to shoot in raw and use software to convert. This will give you more control

Oh and if you ever think of starting up a photography business I don't think that C- is a great name: what that says to me is - must do better. In other words not good enough

Most reactions

New Topics

Back