Look at my website please??

You've got a problem. If the www is used in the url, then your flash slideshow doesn't open on your home page. If you click 'Home' or type the address in without 'www'... it works.

You've got a problem. If the www is used in the url, then your flash slideshow doesn't open on your home page. If you click 'Home' or type the address in without 'www'... it works.

ok thank you we are going to fix it

Oh my,oh my--a really BIG HERKING AND OBNOXIOUS WATERMARK RIGHT ACROSS THE MIDDLE OF EACH AND EVERY IMAGE. Oh, noes...

Honestly, that water mark is just KILLING your photos. You could use more pictures, from different shooting sessions, in a very big way...it appears that you have a very limited amount of time behind the camera,and that you need more time to build up enough photos to really make a viable portfolio web site. If you keep at it, you will eventually get there! Try and develop a tough skin, and listen to C&C with an open mind and open heart. Work diligently at getting better. You'll get there!

What, precisely, are you trying to accomplish with the site? Is it to garner customers? Show off your work? Or is it just a "Hey, I got a website!" motive?

I would agree that the watermarks are a little off-putting and actually makes for a less "professional" look and feel. I do however like the simplicity of your layout. No obnoxious music or overly complicated navigation tools. Clean and simple is always the way to go!

I'd also suggest getting simple widgets that allow people to follow you on twitter and of course a facebook like button!

Just my two cents~

ok thank you all for your feedback

quiddity- how are my horizons not straight??

Derrel- i was thinking the same thing thank you and i do have time to shoot photos i will take hundreds at just one place but doesn't mean im going to like them all i am a very picky person with photos i will only like 1 or 2 in every 50-100 photos

480Sparky- i want to show off my work while trying to get customers i dont exactly have a studio but im hoping to own one soon part of the website is were i rant in the blog about what equipment im using and whats new

ChristopherCoy- that is not why i have such a huge watermark i have had problems with people stealing my photos so i decided to finally put a huge one right across the whole freaking photo it doesnt mean i have greater talent

photosneak-thank you i like the widgets idea and the facebook like button

...........480Sparky- i want to show off my work while trying to get customers i dont exactly have a studio but im hoping to own one soon part of the website is were i rant in the blog about what equipment im using and whats new...........

If that's the case, you haven't really managed to accomplish either. The slide show at the beginning is just that..... a slide show. As for getting new customers, there's nothing really compelling for a complete stranger to follow through to contact you. In fact, your 'Welcome" is buried at the end of the blog.

The biggest key (IMPO) to a successful website is creating one that the intended market wants to see, not what you like. If your intent is to make a living using a camera, I would suggest you hire a professional site designer (NOT someone who just knows how to write HTML and FTP it.). It would be a wise investment.

just because im new at running my own website does not mean that i dont know how to....i have a great site designer.... i wouldnt trade him for anything and my slide show at the beginning is to get the viewers attention to look at the rest of my photos....and peoples website should be what THEY want to put on it not the viewers....there is a way for customers to contact me hence the contact me page......i asked for feedback not a flippin bash fest

just because im new at running my own website does not mean that i dont know how to....i have a great site designer.... i wouldnt trade him for anything and my slide show at the beginning is to get the viewers attention to look at the rest of my photos....and peoples website should be what THEY want to put on it not the viewers....there is a way for customers to contact me hence the contact me page......i asked for feedback not a flippin bash fest

I'm not bashing you....... I'm simply giving you the feedback you asked for. If it's not what you want to hear, then ignore it.

Your failure will not be my problem. If this is how you react to comments about your website, I would hate to see how you handle reactions from real paying customers about your work.

I'm not bashing you....... I'm simply giving you the feedback you asked for. If it's not what you want to hear, then ignore it.

Your failure will not be my problem. If this is how you react to comments about your website, I would hate to see how you handle reactions from real paying customers about your work.

i handle things pretty well but your ripping it to shreds i worked hard for my website to be what i want it i do want opinions just not you telling me to get a professional web designer my website is just like anybody else's

i handle things pretty well but your ripping it to shreds i worked hard for my website to be what i want it i do want opinions just not you telling me to get a professional web designer my website is just like anybody else's

I didn't 'rip anything to shreds'. You're just getting overly emotional, which means you don't 'handle things pretty well'.

So let's try something else. If you're wanting to be a professional photographer and run a business, (yes, a genuine, honest-to-goodness business), what have you done on the business end? Have you completed market research? Do you have a business plan? What does your balance sheet tell you this week? Sales tax permit? What licensing & registration is required in your area? What's your credit rating? How much hard cash do you have? If any, how long will it last you? What about insurance? Do you have back-up cameras & lenses? What's your long-term goals? Have you had an attorney look over your contracts? What is your plan for advertising?

The best photographers in the world will starve without selling anything. Great shots! Perfect composition! Beautiful lighting! All fine and well, but what's for dinner?

I'm just going to say right here is the wrong attitude. You don't want your website to be like everyone else's. You want something to distinguish you from the rest of the weekend warriors. I am going to say that even if you put your watermark on the images and if people really want to steal them they will. Anyone proficient with photoshop would still be able to remove it. I think your intro slide show has too much subject variety, get really good with one type of photography and use that to pull people in to see the rest of what you offer. Don't put 4 different types of photo's subjects in at the start. I will also mention that a good bit of those photo's need contrast they look a bit washed out to me. Yes I am on a calibrated monitor. Good luck and keep shooting.

Most reactions

Back