Look at my website please??

I'm not bashing you....... I'm simply giving you the feedback you asked for. If it's not what you want to hear, then ignore it.

Your failure will not be my problem. If this is how you react to comments about your website, I would hate to see how you handle reactions from real paying customers about your work.

i handle things pretty well but your ripping it to shreds i worked hard for my website to be what i want it i do want opinions just not you telling me to get a professional web designer my website is just like anybody else's

I'm just going to say right here is the wrong attitude. You don't want your website to be like everyone else's. You want something to distinguish you from the rest of the weekend warriors. I am going to say that even if you put your watermark on the images and if people really want to steal them they will. Anyone proficient with photoshop would still be able to remove it. I think your intro slide show has too much subject variety, get really good with one type of photography and use that to pull people in to see the rest of what you offer. Don't put 4 different types of photo's subjects in at the start. I will also mention that a good bit of those photo's need contrast they look a bit washed out to me. Yes I am on a calibrated monitor. Good luck and keep shooting.

thank you

Hi just thought I'd leave some feedback. Nice and clean design and easy navigation without getting lost. That's the way it should be. :)

If there was one thing that I would remove that would be the slideshow. I found when I was developing my site people hate waiting around. Also these days everyone is mobile so you may want to take into account things like slow connections over a 3G network. When people mention your name in a conversation chances are people will want to look at your site on a mobile device to see what your work is like. Although a slideshow is pretty it can only slow down the users experience and with people attention spans on the Internet the size of ants these days they will decide within the first 10-30 seconds wether they going to hang around on your site or not.

Hope you find this useful :)

Happy snapping

James

MRD3VINE said:
Hi just thought I'd leave some feedback. Nice and clean design and easy navigation without getting lost. That's the way it should be. :)

If there was one thing that I would remove that would be the slideshow. I found when I was developing my site people hate waiting around. Also these days everyone is mobile so you may want to take into account things like slow connections over a 3G network. When people mention your name in a conversation chances are people will want to look at your site on a mobile device to see what your work is like. Although a slideshow is pretty it can only slow down the users experience and with people attention spans on the Internet the size of ants these days they will decide within the first 10-30 seconds wether they going to hang around on your site or not.

Hope you find this useful :)

Happy snapping

James

+1 I tried to view it on my HTC EVO and had full 3g reception... The drop down gallery menu wouldn't work and slide show never loaded... So I actually didn't get to see a single picture ) = I always get so frustrated when ever I try to design any kind of webpage... But hopefully you can work out the bugs... Good luck.

Feedback: I think it would be nice to put the gallery list also on the page after you click on the gallery button so people can click on it on the main gallery page instead of having to go back up to the button at the top again. Would make it much easier so then people can see your work faster or even stay as some might now just leave instead.

It's OK.. although the flash sucks, (most flash does.. don't feel bad!)

if you want your site to look professional.. you also need to consider the content.

Empty vodka bottles at the junkyard (or where ever) don't cut it! And all those shots of that black mustang.. they show very poor detail, and contrast... very flat. Black is a hard color to shoot well unless you light it properly.

Another thing.. every shot on the site is in Horizontal format.... even the birds (birds are Vertical by nature, especially when perching.. they are designed that way!)... People are vertical too.. unless they are lying down!

Just some suggestions..... :)

Last edited:
If this is a portopholio site, you should put more picture.

Take 90% of the Mustang photos out, the Nike shoe, and the lug nut photos.

Congratulations on your website, gonna put a link to your blog on mine (collecting photography blogs, so I'll link straight to that page)

Wow, so harsh! she's only 19...acording to 'about us' on her website. So young, and so much time to improve. Your photos seem to be a great start.

Seeing as how this is just a gallery for show n' tell for you (at least at this point) and you're not asking for money - it's perfectly fine.

As you progress and work out your style, you'll want to brand your website with something distinctly "you." When we first hit your homepage, there's nothing but white. No photos, no nothing. Yet it's a photography website. That's something I'd work on first and foremost, TBH.

I agree that you should only post your best and brightest on the site. Images that don't make you go, "I did the best I could and am very pleased with the result" don't belong on a website.

Good luck to you!

She hasn't been on since August. She could've really improved. She still has subpar pictures. Most likely she's making a gold mine off Facebook friends. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Oh my,oh my--a really BIG HERKING AND OBNOXIOUS WATERMARK RIGHT ACROSS THE MIDDLE OF EACH AND EVERY IMAGE. Oh, noes...

Honestly, that water mark is just KILLING your photos. You could use more pictures, from different shooting sessions, in a very big way...it appears that you have a very limited amount of time behind the camera,and that you need more time to build up enough photos to really make a viable portfolio web site. If you keep at it, you will eventually get there! Try and develop a tough skin, and listen to C&C with an open mind and open heart. Work diligently at getting better. You'll get there!

proof on facebook its pro photos!

and peoples website should be what THEY want to put on it not the viewers.t

With great business advice like this have you thought about writing a book?

I've often pondered about opening a hardware store. Not to sell things like nuts & bolts and tools, but rubber chickens and salt shakers. I just want to have a hardware store and have people come in and ask about nuts & bolts and tools, and watch their expressions when they find out I sell rubber chickens and salt shakers. As they exit my store, I will swear at them, call them by a suitable racial epithet and spit at them.

I know people will complain, but this is the way I want to run my highly-profitable business.

Once that venture is off the ground, I will open a chain of gas stations. But instead of dispensing fuel, the machines will 'somehow malfunction,' the result of which will be the poor sap of a customer getting sprayed with raw sewage.

Oh, the hilarity of it all will make me be able to buy Bill Gates and Warren Buffet many times over.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back