Look what I found! *Bugs included*

ThaLadyPit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so I went out playing around Sunday (my only day off every week), and found a couple cool things to shoot. I'll start with the mushroom I found growing up in a tree, well above my head. I had to stand on a few roots that were sticking up out of the ground to even get a decent shot....

mushroom1.jpg

f/3.4, 1/122 sec, ISO 100, no flash

This time, I was standing on the tree roots, and put the camera up as far as I could reach, shooting blind. I think it came out pretty good.
mushroom2.jpg

f/3.4, 1/79 sec, ISO 100, no flash

Now, this little guy was difficult to capture, but I think I got a couple good ones. We were on the "catwalk" downtown (my kids and I), when my oldest daughter found this little guy, and asked what kind it was. He (or she) jumped onto my camera two different times, and I had to calmly and carefully put him back down on the railing lol. I spent about 15 minutes trying to chase this guy back and forth on the railing, and in and out of this "tunnel" he was hiding in.

spider1.jpg

f/9.6, 1/60 sec, ISO 100, auto flash
He was just a tad out of focus, so I had to sharpen it up a bit, but I think it still looks a little fuzzy on the legs

This was the better of the two shots I got, no touch up what so ever!
spider2.jpg

f/3.4, 1/173 sec, ISO 100, no flash

Please, don't hesitate to C&C. I'm interested to see where I could stand to make improvements.

my boyfriend and i found one of those spiders sitting on a wall one day. scared the crap out of me because as we walked by it rocked its front feet up and arched back to look at us... it really freaked me out. came home to find out its a harmless jumping spider... i took pictures of it, but they were on a camera phone and not nearly this cool... i love the 2nd picture of him.

Thank you both for your responses on my photos. It is much appreciated.

Most reactions

Back