Lookin for my first dslr

drksilenc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok my budget is between 0-1000$ lookin for new equipment.
A local photo shop said stay away from the nikon d3100 and d5000 because the motor driven lenses will not work so i cant future proof if i want to.
So now im lookin twards canon or pentax and want to know what you guys think

Ok my budget is between 0-1000$ lookin for new equipment.
A local photo shop said stay away from the nikon d3100 and d5000 because the motor driven lenses will not work so i cant future proof if i want to.
So now im lookin twards canon or pentax and want to know what you guys think

I bought a factory demo-refurbished Nikon D90 a few weeks ago. It was $650 at Cameta .com. Even new, it runs like $800. Add a 18-55mm lens for $120. That will fit your under $1000 budget. It has the built-in AF motor you mention so will work with all Nikon lenses made in the last 30 years or so.

Good luck,
Scott

If I were on a tight budget I would look into something used. People are always upgrading and ready to move great gear at good prices. Just make sure the person you buy from is legit and has a solid rep. That said you can look on the used market and see what you can reach with the grand.

"first dslr" and "future proof" don't really go together, in my book. I think the D3100 and D5000 are great starter cameras but a D90 would be even better (and it has a focus motor).

Most reactions

Back