looking at a nikon d200

Means just what it says, focus points... areas you can select for it to focus on.

af_system_img.gif

This allows you to override what the camera 'thinks' should be the focus for example. If there's a person in front of me and a waterfall behind them the camera may want to focus on the person (nearest object), however if I want the waterfall in focus I can move the focus point to the waterfall.

Might be a bad example but hopefully you get the idea.

Thank you! Completely without any idea or with a different idea.

Yeah, for the money the D90 is a more capable camera for sure. At ISO 800 the D200... well, sucks. It's a neat camera, for sure, but Nikon has made some pretty huge forward strides in their newer models. If given the choice of spending more on an older CCD camera like the D200 vs. spending less on a brand new CMOS camera like the D90 - I would go for the D90 for sure.

But then all that's important is that you're happy. If you're happy with your purchase and the price of it, hey - all is good.

Mostly agree, but the d200 does have a few things going for it that the d90 doesn't, it can meter with older non-cpu lenses, and it's not built like a plastic toy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back