Looking at photos on TPF makes me want to cry because...

I play golf and always blame the equipment, the sun, the wind, someone shouting if I want another beer for my failures. With the camera, I know it's me. I just keep going back to the driving range.

Let's get it right... to another photographer it's NOT the camera. To your spouse it's ALWAYS the equipment and you just have to spend the money to upgrade. If the people controlling the money were to believe that it didn't matter what equipment we used, we'd never be able to upgrade to the newest stuff.

;)

And if the images on here make you cry, don't go to a few other forums (like DPC) or you will need towels to dry your eyes and not just tissues. :D

Mike

Wow thank you, it took 11 months of being shot down by this forum (it helped though) to get something like this, that still, to a degree if you read the thread, could use work. But hey, these guys help me improve, and if you listen to them they'll gladly help you to do the same. Can't wait to see some pics out of you when your SLR show up. Good luck and sorry you have to wait.

If it really did have nothing to do with the camera, then none of you photographers would need to buy the expensive camera you own. So to an extent it really does have to do with the camera. That is what I am talking about in this thread. I am not talking about artistic quality here.

Always always blame the subject. There are times when I've stopped to shout at a tree because it was too fuzzy. I mean honestly ruining a perfectly good photo.

That said yeah there's some real talent here.

I run into the same problem. When I try taking a picture of a tree .. I yell .. HEY YOU with all the pretty leaves .. STAY STILL... For some reason my still subjects always run from me. Thats my only reasoning for producing such soft pictures.... tee he.

Look at it the other way...
Great photographers using the very best equipment, still take crap photos without any encouragement.
you just dont get to see them

Oh, I know it's the photographer. But just like a painter, without certain paint, you sometimes can't achieve the effect you are going for.

I absolutely love that line! May I quote you in my signature?

Always always blame the subject. There are times when I've stopped to shout at a tree because it was too fuzzy. I mean honestly ruining a perfectly good photo.

That said yeah there's some real talent here.

I absolutely HATE when those stupid trees just WILL NOT stand still for you..... SO rude.

Jason

Looking at photos on TPF makes me want to cry because... they are all so wonderful and I have to wait a couple months to get a DSLR camera! The photos on here are so inspiring and I am about to burst because I have all this creative energy in me and I don't have a camera that is capable of taking good quality shots.

It makes me cry when people ask me to take photos pf their band b/c I have a "bad a** camera" oh man.

I say here you try! -Full Manual-

I agree with you though. This site is beautiful.:hail:

It's not necessarily the camera though. I work with a guy who isn't very good, but once we got a better, high end les, his images were in better focus. He has a great team which makes him a better photographer. On his own, he's nothing. He doesn't have a good eye and he's not skilled in exposure or composition. I often wonder if it's the camera or the photographer and I honestly think that no matter how good equipment you have, it doesn't make up for lack of talent. Besides, I've seen some wonderful stuff done with Instamatics and Polaroids.

What does his team do, that makes him a better photographer ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back