looking for a budget speedlight

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
how is the sb-25, i know its very old. i just dont want to spend $400 on a sb-700 or 800 cause i most likely will hardly ever use it. i dont people right now, but i may do a little in the future. i dont mind actually buying a 700 or 800 whenever i need it, but i just want a cheap option for right now for the very rare time i do photograph people.

The SB-25 is not compatible with Nikon's iTTL or CLS, but you can use it in manual mode. I just posted http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...n-460-ii-hot-shoe-flash-unit.html#post2424274

If you want a cheap speedlight that can TTL - Vivitar DF383 Digital TTL Shoe Mount Power Zoom /Swivel /Bounce Auto-Focus Flash for Nikon TTL, Guide Number 45m (147')

Yongnuo YN-560 Speedlight Flash for Canon and Nikon

Many neophytes don't realize how often and how advantagous it can be to use strobed light (flash), and that it is best used off the camera.

The easiest way to trigger off camera flash is with radio triggers. You might want to visit www.strobist.com and www.planetneil.com for more info on using hot shoe flash units.

StudioHut 4 channel Wireless Radio Hot Shoe Flash Trigger Kit for Canon EOS, Nikon, Olympus & Pentax Flashes with 2 Receivers

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I second the YN's. I have some YN-460ii's and I love them :)

If you can spend a little more, an SB-600 can be had for around $200 and iTTL wouldn't be an issue. Just my $0.02. I can't go anywhere without mine.

Yngnuo 460II for manual flash and the 468 for manual and ETTL. Cheap but awesome flashes. Those are for Canon, i don't think they work for Nikon...

The sb25, sb28, sb26 and SB80DX are all very nice flashes. They won't have TTL on a dslr, but they do have have on-flash auto exposure (at least my sb80dx does). The Sb26 and SB80 have an optical slave mode, which isn't as good as what you'd get with a newer flash but it's serviceable.

I owned a sb600 before my sb80dx and I don't miss it. The SB80 is slightly more powerful and seems to cycle faster.

Most reactions

Back