looking for a canon macro lens

ceno2000

I AM PUNK ROCK!!
Reaction score
hi I am looking for a macro lens for my rebel 2000 any help would be appreciated

hey i work for a camera shop so you give me a make and model or whatever lens you want and i can hook u up with a lens for a good price. Also buy film from me because i have film cheap- email me at [email protected]

i have a EX-sigma 105 mm F2.8 macro for 325 if you are interested. I only accept money through paypal but if you are a new yorker than tax included

can someone inform me on what makes a lens a macro lens. is there a way to tell just by looking at it. there are several pawn shops here in town that sell lenses so its a possibility that i might have passed them up. let me know folks! sorry to be off topic

thanks for the link by the way..

adam

A macro lens is one that focuses down to 1:1. Which means if you photographed a penny at 1:1 it would be full size on the negative. I have a Vivitar macro lens that focuses to 1:2 and 1:1 with the included diopter lens.

I would suggest you try out some closeup filters. They are awfully sharp and cost much less than a dedicated macro lens.

voodoocat said:
A macro lens is one that focuses down to 1:1. Which means if you photographed a penny at 1:1 it would be full size on the negative. I have a Vivitar macro lens that focuses to 1:2 and 1:1 with the included diopter lens.

I would suggest you try out some closeup filters. They are awfully sharp and cost much less than a dedicated macro lens.

interesting... what type of filter is the close up filter. and about how much can i find one for. any on ebay that you can find?

adam

Well you would find one that fits the lens you want to use it on. Then you can get various strength filters. +1, +2, +3, +4 and +5 I think are the strengths. I have no idea how to figure out how close you can focus with each lens. But it's based on the focal length of your lens.

Most reactions

Back