Looking for a cheap 28mm f/2(.8)

nickzou

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So while I am enjoying my fast 50 on my OM-D. And with that focus peaking hack, manual focus is a joy. But I'm finding more and more, no so much on the street but at more intimate gatherings (such as my friend's recent housewarming), that the 100mm FOV is a little too cramped. Now I just dropped 650 bucks on the OM-D so I'm not keen on spending a whole lot (so please, no Voigtlander Ultron or the Panaleica) but I would something close to a 50mm FOV equivalent. I have Nikon-M4/3, M42-M4/3, and a M39-M4/3 adapters. I've looked up my choices and there seems to be a good selection out there but I haven't been able to find them locally so I can't really tell if they are good or not. Are all 28mm's built equal? Any suggestions?

Is it good? Can you take a shot with it and post it here along with a 100% crop in the center (don't care about the edges as they won't be used anyways)? If so, I'm definitely interested.

Is it good? Can you take a shot with it and post it here along with a 100% crop in the center (don't care about the edges as they won't be used anyways)? If so, I'm definitely interested.

The lens is sharp and clean. All metal construction made by Kino Precision in Japan. Send me your e-mail via PM or at [email protected] and I'll send you full resolution jpeg and raw in both near and far focus subjects as well as at f/2 and at f/4 and at maximum f/16.

I certainly don't want to mess up your sale Patrice - but if the deal doesn't go through for some reason, nick may want to look at the Sigma 30mm f2.8 system lens for micro 4/3. Someone in Ontario is auctioning one for less than $100CDN (auction ends today and has zero bids).

Or, they are available new from HK for $171.

Best,

Bill

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back