Looking for a college.

Ghoste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've decided I really want to start looking for a photography college. The reason I haven't been looking in the past is usually the prices for an art school is kinda high. But I actually found out there is a scholarship from the government that will pay full tuition if you are related to any past U.S. president (I'm related to good ol' George :D ) You just have to be able to get into the school.

So now that I told you that pointless stuff, how many of you have atended a real school for photography? I've been Googling all over and everything I get just seems like an add for someone. What are some of the top schools. I was really just into the art side of this but when I started my new job I kinda got introduced to seeing someone who shoots weddings which showed me a different side of it. That got me sorta interested in that, and I'm trying to find assitant jobs. I also really started liking fashion and portrait photography. What are schools that would be good for this stuff? New York Institute, Ohio, Oklahoma, Brooks, Art Institute?

Top schools:

School of Visual Arts
Rochester Institute of Technology
Brooks
San Francisco Art Institute

Savannah College of Art and Design

www.scad.edu

As far a I know this place is really renowned

Also check North Carolina school for the arts.

I have 3 friends who go to this school. 1 has graduated and 2 are enrolled now.

1 is actually going for photography.

Good luck.

I don't know about the ratings, but those among the top tier schools.
NYIP won't be good if you are looking for a Bachelors or Masters program.

Most reactions

Back