Looking for a DC area photographer for Non-profit work

shaneaus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm new to this forum so please let me know if this is posted in the wrong area.

I am looking for a photographer in the Washington DC area to photograph the National Law Enforcement Officer's Memorial about 4 times a year.

I am working on a web site that will provide/showcase photos of the Memorial. This site will be a place for Law Enforcement Officers that can't afford to go to DC to view the Memorial. Sort of a photo tour.

I can't afford to pay anyone :(. But, I can make sure that you are given credit for the photos on the site.

I am looking for someone that can shoot photos of the Memorial in different seasons during both the day and at night. The Memorial can look very different in the different times of the year and I have found almost no photos of the Memorial at night.

Lastly, if the person would be willing, would be some photos during National Law Enforcement Memorial week while the wreaths and the mementos that are left by the loved ones are on display would be great.

I know this is asking a lot from anyone who has any life whatsoever. Any assistance would be appreciated.

You can either respond to this post or email me at [email protected].

Thank you for your time, Shane

Very positive cause for sure. I live in the west so I can not help.

If I was in your area you would have to name the organization that you work with. Then basically prove that you could not pay. That may sound cold, but you are asking for a lot of free work. Credit for the work is useless. People that ask for free photography are tarnishing an industry so many have worked hard at. Worse part is some photographer will do it. More often then not you get what you pay for. Especially in photography.

Not sure if your post is spam so please reply.

Love & Bass

No, it is not spam. Believe me! I know that a photographer's work is valuable and I'm not attempting to tarnish the photography industry by requesting free work. I believe that everyone's work is valuable. If your wondering why my organization isn't offering to pay for it... we have no money in our account! Any money we make - we pay out. None of my members make any money at all as related to our non profit activities and volunteer any work that we do.

I am the President of the Untouchable MC - Texas chapter. My chapter is co-hosting a benefit ride for the Peace Officer's Memorial Foundation of Texas. The Untouchables MC make a bi-annual pilgrimage to Washington DC on odd numbered years during National Police week where we have our own memorial ceremony at the National Peace Officer's Memorial.

While I do recognize that professional work would be of higher quality than a non-professional's work... I am only asking for a volunteer. If the photos are decent they will be appreciated whether or not the photographer is a professional.

I have taken many photos with my 400.00 Sony DS9 of the Texas Peace Officer's Memorial which will be posted on the Texas chapter web site after I get it updated.

I would be more than willing to take photos of the National Memorial. However, I can't just drive a few minutes to get there (three days one way) after a nice snow, or on a calm fall day with the golden leaves on the Memorial's trees.

I am hoping someone who lives in DC and is related to a cop, a survivor, or simply someone who has been helped by a cop - either amateur or professional - would be willing to help out with those types of photos.

If no one is interested than I understand. I apologize if credit for the work is useless. It never occurred to me that someone might not appreciate being thanked for doing something worthwhile.

With all due respect... Thank you for your time.

My cousin is a fallen officer featured at this memorial. I sure wish I lived in the area. I would definately do it. My family often attends that week. Maybe you can look at getting a variety of photographers work. I may be going down into that area this summer but not as many different seasons as you ask for.

Thanks for the reply and I'm sorry for your loss. I am frequently there in May. But, there are people EVERYWHERE when I am attempting to take pictures.

Any photos you take during any time of the year would be appreciated. As long as they show the spirit of the Memorial. You can go to our website to see what has been taken before. Most of the photos I have are along the same lines as the ones on the website. So, any that are different (early morning, late evening, at night) would be great! There are almost no photos anywhere on the web of the Memorial at night.

I should have the page I am referencing on its own website within a few weeks. Shoot me an email if your interested in having either the current or the new website address. My email address is above. I don't use that email address for much and I don't use Outlook to access it. So, you shouldn't have to worry about spam email from that address.

I located a photographer.

This thread can be closed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back