Looking for a film camera

thanks for all the help in the selection. i'll see what i can get soon :)

sooo, you guys have your own dark rooms?

I have a Nikon FG with a few lenses and a SB15 Speedlight. I was considering letting it all go. I was thinking of posting it in the classifieds. Are you interested, perhaps?

I have chemicals for developing (b&w and color) and a film scanner.. no space for a darkroom unfortunately.

I have chemicals for developing (b&w and color) and a film scanner.. no space for a darkroom unfortunately.
Same for me. I still plan on getting an enlarger soon though.

Whenever I do, I'll just light-proof a bathroom when I'm using it, and store it in a closet when I'm not.

i found out my lab has a dark room for film and x-rays! maybe i'll get to use theirs!

also, i found a photography store that sells film and toy cameras (lomography plastic-y stuff) along with the owners "collection" of antique cameras. I think the store is more trusty than ebay, but its probably pricier since its his cameras and memories are priceless..blahblah...:p i'll check with them soon!

I love using film cameras too. Even my old 620 Kodack Jiffy

SRW_2513.jpg

I like old cams so much if you tell me you have one thats broke I'll take it to the studio and use it as a prop, along with a real rat
badteeth.gif

SRW_2719-Edit-Edit.jpg

ive been looking at some older rangefinder models, like the electro 35 gsn and minolta hi matic 7s. one obvious question for me is how i get batteries for them? or do you guys just always shoot without them and use the crank thingy...

I think I want something totally different than my dslr right now, thus rangefinders.

The minolta srt-101 I use does not need batteries unless you want to use the light meter. This is one reason I really like this camera. You just need film and your good to go. Everything else is completely manual.

I'd look for a Pentax K-1000 or a Minolta SRT 201 with 50mm. These are all metal 35mm slr's with mechanical focal plane shutters and a coupled metering system. I have an old srt201 that has set for years and still works fine. I have also used a K-1000 years ago, very solid piece. These should be available at bargain prices.

i shoot with a 35mm pentx zx-30 with 18-55mm and 75-300mm lens and i found that camera on craiglist. I would try criaglist but beware when you look on it

Most reactions

Back