Looking for a Flash Bracket (right?). Help me out?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, I finally got in my SB-600 and I am dying to use it with my macro photography. I want to get it off-camera right or left some, not direct light and I cant seem to find the right kind of bracket to do that. I am using a Sigma 105mm 2.8, so I dont have a lens with a tripod collar. If you could help me out finding one at a reasonable price to hold my SB-600 off-camera, that would be amazing. I am ordering a softbox at the same time, so I would like to find one relatively soon.

Mark

NateS not too long ago did a post that showed his flash bracket. Maybe he'll chime in, or you could look back through his stuff to find that post.

An off camera cord would probably be better for this than a bracket...
(Either that, or a wireless trigger.)

Should give you 2-4 feet movement in any direction. It would probably be cheaper than a bracket too. Only problem is that you have to hold the flash (or lay it on something).

Is this the thread, Derrel?
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/macro-photography/197751-new-toy-first-shots.html

Most of the flash brackets I've seen would not work well for what you want to do.
They're mostly just for getting the flash above the lens when the camera is in portrait orientation.

Here's a link to what I use, but I paid about half this on ebay...

Samigon - V-H Flip Bracket System Deluxe - CSA843 - B&H Photo

And, yes, that is a Fong knock-off wrapped in foil...:lol: Works great, though.

mb1.jpg

mb3.jpg

Most reactions

Back