Looking for a good hosting site

dwarrick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for a good free site to post some of my best pictures. Preferably free, easy web address, and decent space. I know since it is free, I wont get anything amazing but what do you guys find the best?

Thanks
Dylan

Try this http://members.freewebs.com/
I had one with them but switched to GoDaddy.com because I wanted to upgrade and I was concerned about the lack of tech support or any contact info. although I never had a problem with the free site. IT gives you a lot.

I have used http://www.awardspace.com/ for hosting in the past. They give you quite a steal for free 200megs of disk and 5gigs of transfer. However they do not allow hot-linking. So if you plan on linking to forums with your images it will not work.

Good luck with your search.

Everybody uses Photobucket.com.

It's all you can ask for for a free site.

I use flickr.com it the only oneI have tryed but have been looking in to sumgmug.com. it not free but looks like a good deal..
heck if it free open an acount with all of then then use the one you like best..
cheers

Are you talking about somewhere to store your photos that you can link from or a domain that you can post photos on?

If you're looking to have a website, you can get one for free and they're very very easy to set up. Freewebs.com was already mentioned. That would be my suggestion. You can sign up for free and pick a template and have something up in a few minutes. Now, you'll still want to link your pictures to some kind of online storage like Photobucket.com.

I use photobucket.com and picturetrail.com for my simple image hosting.

For my actual websites, I use a combination of geocities (though I paid for a domain name) and the hosting sites mentioned above.

Geocities is decent and easy to use. They have a free version if you don't mind ads on your site. But if you want your own domain name, you'll only pay about $10/month- not too shabby. Geocities is suitable for those who know html and those who just want a simple point and click setup type site. I don't know one bit of html and it's extremely easy for me to use.

I've used FreeWebs before and felt a little restricted. FreeWebs has set templates. With Geocities, you can fully customize the site- putting text or photos wherever you want on the site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back