Looking for a Lense, Nikon D5300

Eirik.Strand1996

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, i just got interested in photo, or i always liked it, but now am gonna star doing it myself.
So i am pretty sure i gonna buy a Nikon D5300 (no lense with) and am looking for my first lense, so ..
I want a wide lense but at the same time i want a more of an normal lense, so i was talking to some other photo studtents at my school, and we figured out am gonna need a lense with covers both my needs, wide and normal lense, something like 27-50 or something like that, but i do also care about the sharpness of the picture too.
i have a hardtime findig what am looking for. hope some of you have any recomandations, or can help me on the way :)

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I like my Sigma 17-70 as a general use lens. You should be able to find it used if you're open to that. It's an expensive hobby and buying used from a reputable store can save you some money.

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Also, the 18-55 kit lens is nice for the price.

robbins.photo

Yup, It's The Zoo Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I had a tamron 17-50 f 2.8, great lens on an aps-c camera. Whatever you decide to go with make sure to research it first. Your camera body does not have a built in focus motor so if you want to be able to autofocus you want to make sure the lens has a motor built in and that your buying the correct version of the lens. Sigma designates this as HSM, Tamron uses BIM

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

jcdeboever

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I should mention I own the Sigma 17-50 and the number one thing I like about it is that you can fine tune the focus. Example, lets say your getting a close up shot of something and the auto focus does a reasonably good job, you can turn the focus ring manually a little to dial it home. For me, that is a pretty useful feature. If I am just walking about, it is the lens I use. Great for group photo's and cramped interior shots at parties as well. For landscapes, I still prefer my 35mm 1.8 prime.

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Another vote for the Sigma 17-50mm 2.8

Most reactions