Looking for a photographer

Digitalis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hoylesphotography.com
My sister is getting married! I am in the wedding party so I won't be taking the photos (at least not officially
grin.gif
)

She is getting married in downtown Toronto Canada and is considering the following photographer.

http://www.heartlinepictures.com/index.html

Does anyone know if these guys are any good? If not can anyone recommend a good wedding photographer in Toronto.

Thanks

Don't know anyone in Canada, however you need to let her know that what they post on their website or show prospective clients is their best stuff. I personally wasn't impressed. I think she should keep looking.

I've seen better...but I've definitely seen a lot worse. So....if the price is right and they are happy with what they see the choice is theirs.
there must be loooooooads to choose from in Toronto so I'd definitiely suggest to them to shop around.

I liked the main set, but didn't care for "Anna & David". I'm guessing it was two different photographers, as they have a few there. That gets tricky. Make sure they get to see enough image from the person who is actually going to be shooting the wedding.

Q: Do you shoot with digital or film?
A: We believe in choice, so we offer both technologies to our clients. At the end of the day, the quality of the photograph has less to do with the type of tool used, and more with the skill, experience and creativity of the photographer.

This was surprising.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I agree with the consensus, they look like decent photographers. Nothing special. If anyone has recommendation for someone else to look at in Toronto please let me know.

I used a photographer by the name of Mark Ridout for some family shots last year. We were very impressed. He's in Lindsey but I understand he travels into Toronto alot for shoots.

http://ridoutphotography.com/

Mark Ridout is an awesome photographer! I'm not sure what price range he starts in (I'm assuming that he's not cheap) but after seeing quite a bit of his work, he's worth every penny he charges IMO.

I visit Mark Ridout's site for inspiration on a regular basis. He's probably one of my top 3 favorite wedding photographers.

Some of Ridout's images reminds me of Greg Gibson. Beautiful work!

Well..I"m in Lindsay and I know Mark (small town)...beautiful, world class photographer, but you wont get him cheap by any means....I am a huge fan of his work but not his personality. I would suggest myself...but i'm not a fan of working in toronto!! I know of a friend who used this guy and was happy http://www.alex-photo.com/gallery.htm and a friend of a friend who used www.passionateaboutpictures.com I preferred the latter.

zaramuni, it looks like you might have some nice work on your site, but I would up the quality setting on your JPGs. There are a lot of compression artifacts that are detracting from the images. I think you'll get a much more professional look if you use at least 80% quality or higher. Those images have small enough dimensions that I would use close to 99% quality (1% compression). It also looks like the larger images are just upscales of the smaller thumbnails. I can see individual pixels which give the images "the jaggies". This shouldn't be happening.

Thanks for the advice markc. I have to figure it out. i built the website myslef using a gui built for dummies (I am not to familiar with website building) I'll take a look and see if I can find those settings.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back