Looking for a quality compact digital camera.

dearlybeloved

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have used the Nikon Coolpix A and dont really care for it too much. I was interested in picking something up that would be easier to carry with me and have been thinking about the Canon G1X. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these or other cameras in the same quality line that would be worth checking out?

Edit: I've also had my eye on the p330 but still want to keep looking.

I think the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 II also worth take a look. It also looks pretty good on paper (spec).

Nokia 808 PureView - Camera Mobile Phone - Nokia

Camera specifications. 41megapixel

• Camera resolution: 7728 x 4354 pixels
  • Main camera focus type: Auto focus with two-stage capture key
  • Camera digital zoom: 4 x
  • Carl Zeiss Tessar lens: Yes
  • Camera focal length: 8 mm
  • Camera minimum focus range: 15 cm
  • Camera image formats: JPEG/Exif
  • Flash type: Xenon flash
  • Flash operating range: 4.0 m
  • Flash modes: Off, Automatic, Red-eye reduction, On

I have used the Nikon Coolpix A and dont really care for it too much. I was interested in picking something up that would be easier to carry with me and have been thinking about the Canon G1X. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these or other cameras in the same quality line that would be worth checking out?

Edit: I've also had my eye on the p330 but still want to keep looking.
I think the G1X is a ncie camera, its not small but it has a crop sensor on it so you get a very good pics quality and good low light performance.
The draw back of this camera is its slow lens and relative big size.

I would say also look at the Canon G15 or G16, smaller sensor, smaller body and much faster lens.
I own the G15 and enjoy it very much, it probably isnt as good in low light as the G1X but because of the fast lens you dont need to bump up the ISO so high which compensate for the smaller sensor.
I use mine in ISO as high as 3200ISO with good picture quality.

im going to go with the g16. after reading the reviews for the g1x ive decided to stick with something a little cheaper. im not going to be using it every day so its not something i need to spent a terrible amount of money on.

thanks for the input and suggestions, guys!

im going to go with the g16. after reading the reviews for the g1x ive decided to stick with something a little cheaper. im not going to be using it every day so its not something i need to spent a terrible amount of money on.

thanks for the input and suggestions, guys!
You are going to be happy with it.
I never understood why Canon took the time to put a crop sensor on the G1X and then put such a slow lens on it.
If they would put a good fast lens on it then it would be well worth the extra money and extra size but if you need to bump up the ISO because your apeture is high then you really loosing the advantage of the bigger sensor.
I love my G15 :)

Enjoy your new camera!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back