Looking for a small DSLR bag

Sleepy_Sentry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.esgameservers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am heading to China this summer and am looking for a small DSLR bag that counts as my additional small carry-on. I just need to carry the a Canon 450D with a 35-105 zoom lens and an LP-E8 battery, possibly a small 50mm lens also. Do you guys have any idea what size would be good for the plane? I will be carrying on a backpack also.

Last edited:
I am heading to China this summer and am looking for a small DSLR bag that counts as my additional small carry-on. I just need to carry the a Canon 450D with a 35-105 zoom lens, possible a small 50mm lens also. Do you guys have any idea what size would be good for the plane? I will be carrying on a backpack also.

Bring a bag that can't be easily ripped out from your hand or sliced. Also, the bag can be carried infront of you so that no one can try to steal from it. If you are carrying a backpack, i think a sling type of bag would work so you can take stuff out from the front.

I suggest a good shoulder bag. My Lowepro Adventura 170 holds my 1000D+18-55+50mm 1.8 just fine. And if I take a lens off my camera and store the body without it I can stack the 50mm 1.8 on top of the 18-55(though I would probably want to stick something in between them, but I'm just anal like that) and fit say a small telephoto(think 55-250, not 70-200) on there as well or two small lenses.

It's a very nice little bag and only cost me like $27 on B&H. If what you mentioned is all you'll be carrying(excluding small stuff like SDHCs, memory card readers, chargers, etc.; those fit in the front and side pockets) then that or something like it will do fine and won't be very intrusive. Plus you sling it across your neck and hold it in front so no one can easily rip it off you if someone tries to rob you of it, *knocks on wood*.

A sling-type backpack is also a great option(and probably what I'll be getting once I get my 55-250 and 430EX II), but as you said you'll already have a backpack on you and for your gear you don't really need it.

I am heading to China this summer and am looking for a small DSLR bag that counts as my additional small carry-on. I just need to carry the a Canon 450D with a 35-105 zoom lens, possible a small 50mm lens also. Do you guys have any idea what size would be good for the plane? I will be carrying on a backpack also.

Which part of china are you going to? :)

Which part of china are you going to? :)

Beijing, Shanghai, and Xi'an.

The LowePro SlingShot 100 looks like a good choice to me.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-SlingShot-All-Weather-Digital-Backpack/dp/B000BAX50G/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt]Amazon.com: Lowepro SlingShot 100 All-Weather Digital Camera Backpack: Camera & Photo[/ame]

I am also going to China in about 3 weeks. I recently settled on the Lowepro Fastpack 250, as this will be my only carry-on. Plenty of room below in the padded section for my camera w/lens and two additional lenses plus various accessories. The upper section is big enough to hold enough for various daytrips and the laptop section (only on 250 and 350) is perfect for a 15.4" laptop or books/magazines. The closure on the Fastpack is also great for security as you can move the zippers underneath the security flap so that they are less accessible when walking around. If possible, go to your nearest camera store and check them all out in person to see which will fit your needs best (100, 200, 250, 350).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back