Looking for a Tripod

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for a tripod. I don't have a specific budget in mind though. Don't know exactly how much I should be spending... The main thing I need is a tripod with enough support so I can trust to leave my camera on it. Does any one know of a good tripod that will support a Digital Rebel XT. I saw some today from $15 but it only supported 2.5 lbs. That doesn't sound to me like it would support very much.

You're looking at $100 or more for a tripod that will do the job.

Check out the Slik 700DX Pro, very nice tripod at an affordable price point.

A good tripod for $15? Are you looking at Gorilla Pods? You need a good adjustable full swivel head tripod...

Look for a USED Manfrotto, Gitzo or Benbo. Expect to pay in the area of $150 - $200 for a good-quality pair of legs and head. Don't scrimp on the piece of gear you're going to trust to hold hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of gear. Doesn't make sense!

Thanks for the replies everyone. Looks like I will be skipping a few meals this week... Where is a good place to buy used tripods on the web?

I'd start with Craigslist so you can try it out before you buy it.
+1 on that one depending on the area you live in. I got a great Manfrotto with head and, 4 quick release plates set up for $135 on Craigs list. Every store I looked at with used equipment had the same one with the head in the $200+ range. Unfortunately I mssed a really good one this week-end for a Manfrotto with head for $55. I think it was the same seller, it was scooped up a couple of hours after posting it. And make sure they have atleast the quick release plate with it as well.

Most reactions

Back