Looking for Apple Aperture 2.0

Msjh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Although discontinued, Apple Aperture is still my editor of choice. Years ago I first bought Aperture 2.0 and later upgraded to Aperture 3 with an upgrade CD/DVD.

My iMac was recently stolen and I can’t find my original Aperture 2.0 disk. It’s no longer for sale.

Is there anyone who might have an unused copy of Aperture 2.0 or even 3 (perhaps having migrated to LR) that they would sell me? Right now I have tens of thousands of photos (fortunately backed up) that I cannot access.

Right now I have tens of thousands of photos (fortunately backed up) that I cannot access.

Yes you can access them. When Apple discontinued Aperture they made it so that iPhoto can open Aperture library’s.

Even if you had disks it is doubtful that a new machine would be able to run an app that was discontinued so long ago.

I’m not saying you should use iPhoto to edit your photos, just use it to access the old ones. You can even export them and then bring them into a modern day photo editing app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I can, of course, do that.

However Photos has only a small fraction of the capability of Aperture and so my request stands: if anyone has an unused DVD of Aperture 2 (or Aperture 3) that they are willing to sell me, please do get in tough.

However Photos has only a small fraction of the capability of Aperture

I’m not saying you should use iPhoto to edit your photos, just use it to access the old ones. You can even export them and then bring them into a modern day photo editing app.

If you FULLY read my post I did NOT say you should use iphoto to edit photos.

It really is time or you to consider moving to a new program.

However Photos has only a small fraction of the capability of Aperture

If you FULLY read my post I did NOT say you should use iphoto to edit photos.

It really is time or you to consider moving to a new program.

Indeed you did not say I should use Photos. I shouldn’t have implied you did - apologies.

I know Aperture works on current Apple hardware and on current MacOS. For portraits, the majority of my photos, Aperture does what I want far faster than anything else I have found, making it easy to do subtle changes to eyes, skin-smoothing and a quick “pop” to the photo.

So, despite the fact that it’s unsupported, I plan to continue using it, while keeping an eye on developments in existing and new photo editing programs.

Which brings me back to my request: does anyone have an unused copy of Aperture 2 or Aperture 3 on a disk that they are willing to sell me?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back