Looking for C&C Picture of my Daughter on the Atlanic Ocean

Riderpride55

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, my wife and I bought a D3000 with the intent of taking better pictures of our family, so far the quality is far better than a point n shoot. but now as I get further down the rabbit hole I find myself looking to improve my shooting skills, and equipment (how exciting). We were on a deep sea fishing trip while on vacation, and out of luck I got this picture of my Daughter. Please tell me what you think

Thanks

DSC_0803.jpg

Cute kid!

It looks under-exposed and the colors are really flat. I'd also crop it tighter as well. Your profile says your photos are OK to edit, so I did a quick work-up (click for larger size):

$DSC_0803 (1).jpg

Agreed, cute kid! But I also think this photo could benefit from some PP. Here is my take on it.

I adjusted the levels, a touch of curves and I cloned out the flash directly in the center of her pupil.

DSC_0803.jpg

Thanks for the quick replies and the editing work. The picture I posted is unedited. Looks like I need to buy photo shop now. Seeing the before and after pics I get the under exposed, and flat comments, I 100% agree. but what is the PP comment? Thanks again

Oooh, I want to play! :) Beautiful little girl, BTW.

DSC_0803

looks like you're going in the right direction. I like the choice of backdrop.

I didn't use Photoshop.

I used Aperture which is the photo management software I use. For light editing like this you don't need Photoshop.

I didn't use Photoshop. I used Aperture which is the photo management software I use. For light editing like this you don't need Photoshop.
I don't think his comment was directed to you.

Agreed, cute kid! But I also think this photo could benefit from some PP. Here is my take on it.

I adjusted the levels, a touch of curves and I cloned out the flash directly in the center of her pupil.

DSC_0803.jpg

This is pretty good, but you shouldn't clone out the flash. Leaves the eyes looking dead.

Thanks for the quick replies and the editing work. The picture I posted is unedited. Looks like I need to buy photo shop now. Seeing the before and after pics I get the under exposed, and flat comments, I 100% agree. but what is the PP comment? Thanks again

PP = post processing (editing)

You could always get photoshop elements for light editing - it's a lot cheaper. You can get Elements for under 100.00

Why will no one fix the horizon? Cute kid, but THE WORLD IS SLIDING TO THE RIGHT. Make it stop!

Desaturate, make it look colder, match the eyes to the background blues, plays into the emotion and apparel better than a warm orange sunset look.

2yuzj3r.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for all of the comments. I look forward to creating better pictures.

Most reactions

Back