looking for critiques

kiki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here are a few more...Any critiques,are welcome!

Attachments

• DSC_0668.JPG
    DSC_0668.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_0743.JPG
    DSC_0743.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_0138.JPG
    DSC_0138.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_0486.JPG
    DSC_0486.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0227.JPG
    DSC_0227.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 114
Hi Kiki,

While you have potentially interesting subject matter, most of the images lack impact because the subject isn't doing anything. The wolves arejust standing there/lying there being wolves. Like a duck on a pond, people photograph them just because it's an animal. However, if you wait for the duck to flap its wings or take off, you'll have a more dynamic photo.

The dew and flower shots are okay but, nothing looks more amateurish than selective colour in a photo. In some instances it can work really well but, for the post part, I'd leave it well alone lol.

Hi Kiki,

While you have potentially interesting subject matter, most of the images lack impact because the subject isn't doing anything. The wolves arejust standing there/lying there being wolves. Like a duck on a pond, people photograph them just because it's an animal. However, if you wait for the duck to flap its wings or take off, you'll have a more dynamic photo.

The dew and flower shots are okay but, nothing looks more amateurish than selective colour in a photo. In some instances it can work really well but, for the post part, I'd leave it well alone lol.
Thank you for all of your advice..all noted. As for the selective colour,I rather like photos like that,but that's just me. :)

I quite like the 2nd wolf one but a bit of shadow bumping and making those eyes the focal point would help. :)
Also agree the selective colouring is always a signature amateur move. Always makes me cringe

I quite like the 2nd wolf one but a bit of shadow bumping and making those eyes the focal point would help. :)
Also agree the selective colouring is always a signature amateur move. Always makes me cringe
LOL! I had no idea that selective colouring was so hated! I guess that shows how amateur I am.

Most reactions

Back