Looking for examples of 85 1.4 on a DX.

MrsLittle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Incirlik Air Base, Adana Turkey (thank you Air For
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have photos taken with a 85 1.4g on a crop sensor? Were you able to fit a group of people in the whole scene with this combo?

Still deciding between the 24-70 and 85 1.4. I practically am drooling over the photos that come out of the 85. I just want to make sure if I decide to take group shot, that I can step back far enough-but not too far- and still get everyone in the frame.

Do you have a zoom lens that you can set the focal length to 85mm and mount it on a DX body?

I have the 85mm and a D7000. You would have to be a fair distance away for a group shot with the 85 on a crop.

This was shot at about at about 12' or so.. so you can imagine how far away you would need to be to get three or four people into the frame. Especially if you wanted full body......

6738969419_6b3e0eeeac_b.jpg

Self Portrait with Guitar by CGipson Photography

Does anyone have photos taken with a 85 1.4g on a crop sensor? Were you able to fit a group of people in the whole scene with this combo?

Still deciding between the 24-70 and 85 1.4. I practically am drooling over the photos that come out of the 85. I just want to make sure if I decide to take group shot, that I can step back far enough-but not too far- and still get everyone in the frame.

Click here. You can also try this.

I have the 85mm and a D7000. You would have to be a fair distance away for a group shot with the 85 on a crop.

This was shot at about at about 12' or so.. so you can imagine how far away you would need to be to get three or four people into the frame. Especially if you wanted full body......

6738969419_6b3e0eeeac_b.jpg

How come he only has a head and 2 arms ?

How come he only has a head and 2 arms ?

Because I should have used another light for better background separations.. and I didn't! :p

I have the 85mm 1.4 on a D-90. You do have to get some distance between you and the subject but it sure makes some amazing pics.
As far as loosing some of the frame. No not at all. What you see is what you get.

Most reactions

Back