Looking for guidance..

Angel Aquarius Art

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone ! I've been a photographer/digital artist for 10 years. I'm just recently rebuilding a portfolio with new subjects! I've been working with models to build their portfolios, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on starting this as a part-time business. Thanks for any of your help, and feel free to check out and like my page ! I could really use the input from other artists, as I am finding it difficult for others to appreciate the time & effort that goes into making beautiful art !

xo Manda

Angel Aquarius Art & Photography // | Facebook

I do this part time, and like any business, the goal is to make money.

Find your niche and don't look back.

I love working with people, but I hate people. So its weird lol.

I don't think you will get far shooting 'new' models, but maybe start getting into senior portraits. You can still be artistic and creative, etc. But the pay is a lot better than a normal gig.

My only comment would be to slow down a bit and make sure your craft is heads and shoulders of those around you.

I have the same issue with people, I'm sure a lot of us are introverts.. :)
I was just saying the other day how i should go back to shooting cats because a model keeps editing my work...
Thanks for the advice, I'm still in planning phases so I'm just looking for ideas while I build on my port. :586:

Runnah, your avatar has me rolling. I'm taking it slow, this is actually the first few months I've been sharing my art with others (over a ten year period). Hard to find people who can give me tips on improving as well!! I just need the money and looking for the best route to spend my time and efforts effectively.

Welcome!

I don't understand what you are asking for. Are you wanting advice on how to start a business? I looked at your Facebook page, and although your style is kind of all over the place, and it is definitely not my favored style, I'm sure there will be some people who like that style.

Good luck!

I'm looking for ideas on the most effective way to be spending my time as an upcoming photographer. :1247: I'm also a stay at home mom. Besides that, I have another part time obligation, but I am hoping to change that & transition into just photography. Now that my child is a little older, I feel like I have more time to focus my efforts towards personal growth. I'm also just looking for opinions on my art!

I liked your Fb page :)

I can only say keep telling people about what you are doing. Join communities, photo clubs, social gathering etc ... Keep marketing yourself. Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back