Looking for new monitor

TreeofLifeStairs

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
treeoflifestairs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I’ve been seeing some recommendations to others for monitors but I haven’t seen what I’m looking for. I’m looking for something in the 30”-34” range, IPS, and 10 bit. It can be 2K but 4K would be nice. I was hoping to spend about $500, but I’m not sure that’s possible.

Does anyone have any recommendations that fit my criteria?

It’s not really realistic. I bought and returned an Asus pro art monitor, something more than double your budget. I returned it because

1) Scaling. Unless you have good eyes the 4K miniaturizes. I had issues with seeing both CS and some plugins

2) color management. Though vastly superior by allowing calibration within the monitor itself, it was too complicated for me.

There are other brands. I looked closely at Dell and one other brand but the Asus is quite beautiful.

It’s not really realistic. I bought and returned an Asus pro art monitor, something more than double your budget. I returned it because

1) Scaling. Unless you have good eyes the 4K miniaturizes. I had issues with seeing both CS and some plugins

2) color management. Though vastly superior by allowing calibration within the monitor itself, it was too complicated for me.

There are other brands. I looked closely at Dell and one other brand but the Asus is quite beautiful.

Yeah, that’s why I don’t mind it being 2K. I’m currently using a 19” monitor so I was thinking that if I went up to 32” I could still do 4K without squinting. Doesn’t windows and most programs allow you to scale the ui anyway though?

I found this monitor that seems to check all the boxes that I was looking for but it’s a little over budget.

LG 32UD99-W 32-Inch 4K UHD IPS Monitor with HDR 10 (2017) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDY3TXW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tgW2BbW9XV5NX

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Check the lut, is it a true 10 bit or (I forgot the term)

Some software scales properly, some doesn’t

I use a standard rgb Asus 27 1080 and it’s about perfect size. 32” as was the pro art is great but huge

So in my search for a 10bit monitor and video card, I’ve found that Lightroom doesn’t even support 10bit color. PS does, but I only use it about 1/10th of the time I use LR. In light of this, is there really an advantage to having a 10bit monitor?

Having a 10bit monitor can be interesting if you do VERY high quality prints where everything from the printer to your display and even your room lighting is calibrated. It requires a 10 bit graphic card such as Nvdia Quadro and yes Lightroom doesn't support 10bit.

In the end, having a 10bit pipeline will allow you to see wonderful Photoshop synthetic gradients but besides that...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back