looking for photo of couple for book cover

rb101182

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello, I am an author and looking for a professional photo for my new book cover. I want it to look similar to this, with a young woman watching a guy walk away, or some sort of a breakup-theme photo. I will pay whatever licensing fee the photographer requires. or if any of you know a website where I can search professional photography photos, let me know. I haven't had any luck with stock photos, they look more like advertising photos than book cover photos, and there are so many photographer portfolios I don't know where to go.

any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rb - firstly let me welcome you to the forums and community we have here :)

I must also say that your attached photo has been removed - we operate a policy here that users are not allowed to upload to the gallery nor embed photos in their posts which they don't own the copyright/distribution rights over. Instead we ask that they link to the original source of the photo to show it - this respects other photographers copyrights. If you wish to link to the photo you originally showed or something similar you can freely edit your post at any time to add those references in. (please note this is a formality and you've not been punished in any way)

As for what you are after consider that if you don't want to go the stock photo path you could try hiring a local photographer to take the photo for you. The licensing fee is the area where you might find the most variation in price as well as the greatest possible cost. This is something that you might actually get more direct advice from on writing forums since there is a higher chance of connecting with other authors who've gone down the same path and might be aware of various photographers/organisations/groups that can cater to that market specifically.

PM sent - didn't want to "advertise" another site.

hello, I am an author and looking for a professional photo for my new book cover. I want it to look similar to this, with a young woman watching a guy walk away, or some sort of a breakup-theme photo. I will pay whatever licensing fee the photographer requires. or if any of you know a website where I can search professional photography photos, let me know. I haven't had any luck with stock photos, they look more like advertising photos than book cover photos, and there are so many photographer portfolios I don't know where to go.

What exactly are your credentials? Why is the publishing company not assisting you with this?

Im sure there are plenty of images like this on the stock photography sites. Have you checked there?

Possibly hire a competent photographer and get exactly what you want? May cost a little more.. but it might be worth it. But as mentioned above, normally a publishing company handles that... so I am assuming this is a self-publish or web-publish? Probably with no / minimal budget?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back