Looking for photographers to answer a few quick questions for a school project!

Maelii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
EDIT: I wrote up the questions myself in order to learn a bit more about what its like to be a professional photographer...I'm not trying to get anyone to do my homework for me. I'm just looking for a few quick responses to get more perspective. Thanks!

What is your website?

How did you first get into photography and what subjects were you typically shooting at that time?

-or-

Was there a definitive moment in you life where you realized that photography was the career path for you?

Who are some of your favorite photographers?

What equipment would you consider a necessity for someone starting out with a photography career?

How would you advise someone who is starting out in a photography career? Do you have any tips or tricks that you would like to share?

How important would you consider traditional education (as in, a degree in arts or photography) when it comes to being a professional photographer?

How do you balance your own artistic interests with the need to make photography profitable? Do you find that you must shoot outside your preferred genre in order to successfully manage a business?

What do you find most difficult about what you do? Most rewarding?

Would you be willing to share a few of your favorite images?

Last edited:
No, I wrote these questions in order to learn a bit more about the business side of photography. Did I word it strangely or something? I'm not trying to make someone do my work for me...I just wanted to conduct a small interview!

not at all, it did seem like you wanted others to do your research for you is all. I am not qualified or I'd answer your survey.

I doubt these are homework questions. Why would a teacher ask questions that are obviously geared toward professionals and not students?

You all know how it is, professor kicks out assignment "interview a few pro's and ask the following questions"

Then one student wants big huge credit for interviewing several (and only time spent was an internet registration) LoL

You all know how it is, professor kicks out assignment "interview a few pro's and ask the following questions"

Then one student wants big huge credit for interviewing several (and only time spent was an internet registration) LoL

I wrote the questions myself and I'm only looking for a single response.

I doubt these are homework questions. Why would a teacher ask questions that are obviously geared toward professionals and not students?

I wrote the questions myself. It's for a small assignment in a business of photography course, the goal being to conduct a short interview with someone who knows what they are doing professionally. I'd really appreciate it if you could answer some of the questions (if you have the time). Thanks.

Most reactions

Back