Looking for photos for my iPad app

donj91711

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for volunteers to let me use 12 of their pictures for an iPad app.

I'm learning how to program for the iPad. I thought I would start with an easy app, just so I could go through the process of getting it published on the Apple app store. I've built a simple match game. There are plenty of those already on the app store, but if I wait for an idea that nobody has done before I may never get started.
My own twist on the app is that it will be a world travel match game. The user will select a category/country, then the match board has pictures from that country or category. I just got back from Costa Rica, so that is the first category in the game. You remember the match game, right? Select one of the boxes and the picture flips over. Select another box and that picture turns over. If the two pictures match, they stay turned over and you get a point. If not, then they flip back over so you have to remember where they are.
There are 25 boxes. That is two each of twelve pictures. The center square is a free square.
I'm using jpg files, cropped square.
The app will be free so I can't pay you, but I will give you credit. I'll include your name, web site, etc on the board. I can't promise it will get lots of downloads, but I'll let you know when its published so you can check it out.

Let me know if you are interested.
If I've posted in the wrong place, or this type of post in inappropriate for this forum, please let me know and I'll take it down.

Thanks in advance.

-Don from San Jose

Are you going to be running ads or using iAds in this app? Doing so would result in some potential compensation for you, thus being less enticing to just 'give away' shots.

That said, if free is truly free all around, I wouldn't mind giving you some shots of the good ol' USA! lol. I'd have to dig around. I haven't been out of the country though so, couldn't really give ya much. These certainly won't be the level of quality that some on here can provide though.

Thanks for the note John27. I thought about running some ads, but then decided not to when I made this post to ask for free pictures. I knew that I would have a few upset photographers if they thought they were duped.
This project is about me learning iPad programming and getting my first project out there. I've heard its a lot of work to get it through the Apple review process.
If you had 12 pictures that were somewhat related so I could give them a title, i.e. bridges or migrating birds, or vintage cars.
My first category is is Costa Rica. I'm going to use a picture of a sloth, monkey, toucan, Arenal volcano, iguana, etc.

Most reactions

Back