Looking for recommendtion on camera bag and double camera strap

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As I get more and more serious about event photography my needs change.
I am looking for a recommendation for a camera bag that can hold
Two DSLR camera
One 24-70mm lens
One 70-200mm lens
One 50mm lens
Three flashes
Few more spaces for miscellaneous like extra lenses or charges or batteries......etc

Also I am looking for a double camera strap

Its easy of course just to go to the camera store and pick up the most expensive stuff but sadly like always money is an issue so while I definitely DONT want to buy the cheapest crap I also dont want to spend an arm and a leg.
I have a double strap I bought of ebay for 20$ a long time ago, it does work but the quality is non existing so I want something that is better but as I said I am also not interested to spend 200$ on a black rapid.

So please share your recommendation with me :)

For the straps i'd get the blackrapid one, they seem to be able to hold a lot of weight. http://www.amazon.com/BlackRapid-RS...=1454396705&sr=8-1&keywords=BlackRapid+double (while this one isn't 200$, there is a reason people spend that kind of money and my hope is none of us here find out why that is)

My thing is that you're gonna start looking like you're about to climb the grand canyon with all the gear.:biggrin-new:

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For the straps i'd get the blackrapid one, they seem to be able to hold a lot of weight. Amazon.com : BlackRapid RSD-1BB Double (DR-1 Double Strap) (Black) : Photographic Equipment Bag Accessories : Camera & Photo (while this one isn't 200$, there is a reason people spend that kind of money and my hope is none of us here find out why that is)

My thing is that you're gonna start looking like you're about to climb the grand canyon with all the gear.:biggrin-new:
This strap is too much money :(
And yes when I do events I do look like I am ready to climb the Everest but it really makes my work so much easier when I have both cameras on me so its important.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Single most important piece of advice about buying a bag/backpack/sling is to try it on! My son tried 6 different messenger bags before he found one that rides right on his hip and his comfortable. I've gotten great recommendations on a bunch of slings that don't work for me but my Tamrac Holster (effectively a sling given how I use it) is my favorite when I only have a few pieces of gear.

Also, given the amount of gear (3 speed lights?), you might want to look at a backpack instead of a bag.

...This strap is too much money :(
And yes when I do events I do look like I am ready to climb the Everest but it really makes my work so much easier when I have both cameras on me so its important.
Really???? The thing that can keep your gear from dropping to the ground? This is like cheaping out on a tripod, and if you do event work, then not only is gear safety a concern, so is comfort. I use a BR Double and can't imagine 'two-gunning' with anything else. There are some other equally good (maybe better) doubles out there, but none of them are going to be cheap. Yes, it's expensive, but there's a REASON it's expensive. Quality costs. Like a lot of other gear, keep an eye on Craig's List/ Used Toronto - I picked mine up for $90 through Craig's List in brand-new condition.

Experience has taught me that it's a LOT cheaper in the long run to buy quality the first time. You might have to save for a while, but you won't regret it!

I would think a backpack would be the way to go. It sounds like you will have a lot of weight for one strap. I like Lowpro products. Seems like many pros like OpTech for straps.

...This strap is too much money :(
Really???? The thing that can keep your gear from dropping to the ground? This is like cheaping out on a tripod, and if you do event work, then not only is gear safety a concern, so is comfort. I use a BR Double and can't imagine 'two-gunning' with anything else. There are some other equally good (maybe better) doubles out there, but none of them are going to be cheap. Yes, it's expensive, but there's a REASON it's expensive. Quality costs. Like a lot of other gear, keep an eye on Craig's List/ Used Toronto - I picked mine up for $90 through Craig's List in brand-new condition.

Experience has taught me that it's a LOT cheaper in the long run to buy quality the first time. You might have to save for a while, but you won't regret it!
Well I was hoping that between 200$ and 12$ there is something in between that will give me the durability in a more easy to swallow price.

When I was a child in my old country there was one car only that was bullet proof reliable and that was Mercedes but sadly very few could afford it so when Japanese cars started to come to our local market it gave everybody the ability to drive a reliable car in prices they could actually afford.

From what I understand you are saying is that only 200$ Black Rapid is the strap I should buy an not consider anything else.

Equipment is like a service...........
b9be67cfa665f0176c9ee1f1a3af9e57.jpg

You get what you pay for. If someone told you that photography was a cheap hobby, I would suggest you go smack them in the mouth.

As Confucius said: Man who use cheap toilet paper will be in touch with inner self. :biglaugh:

As far as bags go, this is the best resource to find what you are looking for that I know of. Camera Bags Reviews Homepage - Cambags

Last edited:
Thank you all for your help, I believe no one here really understood what I am trying to get here but its all good, I appreciate you effort and trying to help :)

...From what I understand you are saying is that only 200$ Black Rapid is the strap I should buy an not consider anything else.
Not saying that at all (or at least not meaning to sound as if I am). There are a number of good quality 'two gun' straps, but most of them are similar (or higher) in price. BR is probably the most common, and it's the one I prefer, but it's far from the only choice.

...From what I understand you are saying is that only 200$ Black Rapid is the strap I should buy an not consider anything else.
Not saying that at all (or at least not meaning to sound as if I am). There are a number of good quality 'two gun' straps, but most of them are similar (or higher) in price. BR is probably the most common, and it's the one I prefer, but it's far from the only choice.
If its all in the same price range and there is only to choose between 12$ crap or 200$ BR then I would go with the BR, if there is something priced in the middle and still offer good reliability then that would be better for me.

If its all in the same price range and there is only to choose between 12$ crap or 200$ BR then I would go with the BR, if there is something priced in the middle and still offer good reliability then that would be better for me.
If there was such a thing don't you think someone would have come up with it by now? Why do you suppose you are not finding what you are hoping for?

If there was such a thing don't you think someone would have come up with it by now? Why do you suppose you are not finding what you are hoping for?
I guess because it doesnt exist.
Thank you for clearning this up.
If in first post somebody would say its either crap or 200$ strap then it would be much easier but I guess we had to go through it all to be clear on that.
Thank you.

There are lots of people that would be willing to sell you this for $25.00 to hold your gear, and it would hold it...
tggs.jpg

Thing is, you are not going to be happy with the results.

If you want good gear that will last you need to understand that there are times you are going to have to spend money. To make that money pay for itself you need to do you research, examine and pick the gear that it right for you now and in the future, spend the money and use it for many years.

Thank you all for your help, I got the info I was looking for, I just bought what I believe will be the right way to hold my 2 camera in events.
I am still looking for the right bag but my main concern was about the 2 strap, bag is easier as there is a million of them out there and I am sure to find what I am looking for soon.

Thank you again :)

Most reactions

Back